Camera Need Digital Camera - Budget 15 - 20Kmax

sunilyo

Adept
hi,

Looking to get my hands on a digital camera. Earlier was thinking between handycam and Digital Camera but since i want to use it for taking snapshots so decided to settle with a digi-cam.

can anyone advise me some good cameras in below the 20K tag.

i am looking for something where i can play with most of the settings plus should have the best zoom available within this price range

sunil

Supra said:
I will recommend the Panasonic Lumix FZ8K....its really better compared to the s3IS & more recently the s5is

check out the review here.

thanks supra.

Can you give me an idea on the price also??? do you know where in Delhi i can find it?

i hav sony dsc h2
6mp, 12x optical...
brought over an year ago...
m findin it gr8...
my only complaint is its a bit bulky owing to the zoom...
theres a nu sony 8mp wit 10x optical, and is much slimmer...
havent had a chance to use it...but looks promising...
price is sub 15k iirc

Have you ever considered a full fledged DSLR? Nikons D40 will give you unmatched quality and a plethora of settings for just 2K more i.e. 22K including lens. It'll blow the S3IS and S5IS outta the water. The default 18~55 lens is quite good for beginners.

Vandal said:
Have you ever considered a full fledged DSLR? Nikons D40 will give you unmatched quality and a plethora of settings for just 2K more i.e. 22K including lens. It'll blow the S3IS and S5IS outta the water. The default 18~55 lens is quite good for beginners.

the default lens on D40 sucks ..... S3 has much better lens :)

Rahul said:
the default lens on D40 sucks ..... S3 has much better lens :)

I know that. But look at the options available. Plus the sensor itself makes a difference. The EOS 350D is another good buy at 28K now. For some reason JJ Mehta now lists the D40X at 34K, when I saw it at 27K in December. Wonder why the price hike...

Yeah, for a brilliant deal at 12K the S3IS is a very good cam

Vandal said:
I know that. But look at the options available. Plus the sensor itself makes a difference. The EOS 350D is another good buy at 28K now. For some reason JJ Mehta now lists the D40X at 34K, when I saw it at 27K in December. Wonder why the price hike...

Yeah, for a brilliant deal at 12K the S3IS is a very good cam

read this http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/banish-this-phrase-105215.html

he is asking for 15-20k camera and u are suggesting him for DSLR lol ..... with stock lens D40 is a waste i have used a D40 recently and my S3 is way better ...... so u have to buy a new lens with the camera so it will be 22k(cam)+20k(lens)

and if u want a monster zoom like the proconsumer cameras in DSLR u have to spend more :) ......

sachin sharma said:
need to buy one today itself...so help is needed quickly

I think people are referring to the ones available on sifymall.com . Do note though - most are usually grey pieces with only a dealer warranty, not a manufacturer warranty

Supra said:
I will recommend the Panasonic Lumix FZ8K....its really better compared to the s3IS & more recently the s5is

check out the review here.

The best part about the Panasonic is he can't go wrong with it. It's slimmer, snappier, lighter than the S3/S5 and the Sony stable. :)

BUT availability would be an issue for this cam.

xcuseme1978 said:
canon ixus best semi prof. series under 20k.

Since when do you define a Canon Ixus point-and-shoot as a semi professional??! So what's a point-and-shoot for you - Rs.50 disposable cam?
Just because it costs more and is advertised doesn't mean it's a "semi prof series".

@OT: My choices are: 1. FZ8K, 2. Sony DSC-H3 (smaller, lighter)

To go the dSLR route or not is another topic altogether though. :)

Payne

in delhi grey market 350d generally cheaper than lowest ebay prices by 3-4 k, grey market rates are more or less equal to listed prices in usa sites should be less than 30k these days

always buy a retail sealed product from greymarket..

old delhi rates are even cheaper

One of my friend is also looking for a cam in a similar budget he has shortlisted on 3

Sony DSC H3
Canon SX 100 IS
Panasonic FZ8

although he is leaning more towards canon..which one would u guys suggest amongst the three?

Back