Budget 21-30k Need everything except the monitor...

cool_dude

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• AMD X2 3800+ and M2NMX (Will be selling this...)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• No upgrading for at least 5 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Using Adobe Photoshop to edit my images
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NA
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• No gaming at all!
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1720 X 1080 at least
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

I have few questions.

Do I really need a graphics card? The main purpose of this rig will be using Adobe Photoshop to edit the images I take.
Will the 450W PSU suffice?
Do I need to buy a really good cabinet? Or will a cheap cabinet do just fine?
Should I buy MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard?

Do not get MSI products. They have shut their shop in India. Stick to Asus or Gigabyte for motherboard - preferred in order mentioned.

fx 8320 - 10k
gigabyte 970 ds3 - 5.3k
kingston hyperx blue 4gb / gskill ripjawsX 4gb / corsair vengeance 4gb - 2.5k-3k
get gt 620 -3k- you need a gpu since neither cpu nor mobo has igpu which is required for display output.
antec vp450p - 2.7k
local cabinet - 0.7k. later get a good one like betfenix merc alpha atleast . a good cabby is always good for better air flow. also local cheap cabbies may not support 120mm fans.
microsoft k/b and mouse -0.8k

8320 is an 8 core cpu and consumes large power which cheaper motherboards cant handle. so dont compromise on motherboard.
Sorry for bumping an old thread but wanted to say something.
TDP/Power draw issues apart, i have heard that an AMD FX series processor, especially a FX-83xx is best used with an AMD 9xx chipset motherboard to ensure optimal performance too.

GPU: Sapphire R7 250 1GB -7500.
I have few questions.

Do I really need a graphics card? Ans: Yes
Will the 450W PSU suffice? Ans:Yes
Do I need to buy a really good cabinet?
Or will a cheap cabinet do just fine? Ans: You need good cabinet to have longer life for the components.
Should I buy MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard? Ans: Never go with MSI.They have closed shop in India.

Back