NEED FEEDBACK ON HTC HD2 please

I have few applications which are not available on android or iphone so whatever i try i keep coming back to WM(and i have tried every smartphone platform present in india now except the maemo)

1.I want some feedback if HTC HD2 is upto the mark in multimedia dept as hyped

2.I wud like to try out the android possibility from time to time for games and apps as it looks quite stable now on HD2 (any user experience and inputs will be very useful)

3.Does it really feel very big in hands(I had a HTC UNIVERSAL few years back and i used it for one year) When i saw it again a few days back i couldnt believe that it was my primary phone for a year
it felt so heavy and huge now after being spoilt by the iPhone and recent Samsung Omnias
But still UNIVERSAL ranks high in my view for its head turning ability and rugged built
I had flashed around a hundred roms and never ever had a single problem leaving aside the battery back up!!
SO i request my fellow TE members with HTC HD2 to give me inputs regarding the phone
Am getting a almost new HD2 with valid indian warranty (bill value is whooping 37.7k bought in march this year, am still in negotiations)

I enquired and the local dealers dont know about the price cut to 26k
They still claim HD2 to be 34k!!!(may be no one has ever asked for this model)
But on internet its 26k

please help me out
thanks in advance

HTC HD2 is a great phone and it costs around 28k if I am right.

But why do you want to buy HD2 now when Windows Phone 7 based phones are coming out in three weeks time?

1. it's multimedia capabilities are good but that 65k color limitation in winmo 6.5 hinders video's richness.
2. yes. android port on HD2 is good but it won't give the feeling that android powered phone gives. if you are good at flashing ROMs this shouldn't be a problem for you.
3. yes. it does feel big in hands. after all it's a 4.3" display.

@desiibond thanks for the input,

i am not at all pro supporter of the closed ecosystem policies of apple and to be soon adopted by microsoft!!

and my gut feeling says xda ppl will very well port windows phone 7 to HD2 soon after being released!!

then we will have a phone capable of running

Ubuntu(stable)

Android(stable)

WP7

and the old WM 6.5.5!!!(stable too)

sounds great for a flashaholic,

now what do u say?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

About the 65k color thing i heard Coreplayer supports 16M on the lcd for video playback!!

i know it wont be close to a AMOLED for colours

but truly speaking after using amoled am not a big fan for two reasons!

1.Blacks are great BUT WHITES look like OFF WHITES and appear dull and boring(case in point real life comparison of TOUCH PRO2 to OMNIA II )

2.Sunlight legibility

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can u compare Universals size to HD2????? so that i have an idea...

i can only give u one advise on the hd2 .. great wphone when i came out last year ... but now even if u get for free dont take it as its a dead os + the price u getting it at at is very high .. u can easily get an hd2 for 18k

Back