Budget 51-70k Need feedback on my rig (Wo Monitor and GPU).

Lovekesh

Recruit
Hello friends
This is Lovekesh and i am going for my first every high performance machine. My main purpose is to use it for some Deep Learning/Artificial intelligence work (which will require Nvidia GPUs) , along with some latest games (maybe at 1080p only, not really crazy after max settings or stuff like that). After spending some time on internet, i have zeroed down on the components below. Please take a look, along with prices

CPU : i5 6600k - 17500 (Cost to cost price with VAT included), +300 if buy from CE or Soham Enterprises
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212x - 2800 (Cost to Cost), almost similar from others
Mobo : Asus Maximus VIII Ranger - 18200 (Price is almost same across all shops and surprisingly equal to online prices)
PSU : Seasonic SS-650KM3 - Rs 8800 (online prices, not Nehru Place, but should be around the same)
Cabinet: NZXT S340 (Rs 6300 from NP) or NZXT H440 (Rs 10400 from NP)
Ram: G-Skill Rip Jaws 16 GB (2*8) DDR4 2400 MHZ (Rs 5400 from NP)
HDD : Seagate 2 TB - Rs 5500 (NP Prices)

I'll be adding Nvidia gtx 980 Ti later, like after 2-3 months or something like that.
I think in future, i might add another gtx 980 Ti, then i intend to sell my 650 psu to buy something more beefier one (like 850 KM3) .

Here's what i need assistance for :

1. General feedback on the choice of components, any compatibility issues or some better component recommendation.
2. Which is the best shop in Nehru Place to get this rig assembled from ? I don't want some ignorant idiot (including myself) assemble it sub-optimal way like not taking care of static charge or stupid cable management etc.

Apologies for off-topic query - but while we wait for others to reply - what software will you use for deep/machine learning and AI? Stuff like Google's TensorFlow (which has multi GPU support) and what not?

Can you describe what kind of work you will be doing in this area? (Either here or post in another separate thread?)

Apologies for off-topic query - but while we wait for others to reply - what software will you use for deep/machine learning and AI? Stuff like Google's TensorFlow (which has multi GPU support) and what not?

Can you describe what kind of work you will be doing in this area? (Either here or post in another separate thread?)

Sure, i'd be happy to.
I'll be mainly using TensorFlow /Theano for the coding part.
As far as application area is concerned, mainly it will be in NLP, like training skip-thought vectors , RNN, LSTM etc and in my spare time, i'll be training ConvNets as well. Since Nvidia is coming out with new GPUs, so i'll be waiting for them to release and then decide which one to buy.

Well, most of those acronyms went over my head (except NLP I've heard of) but thanks for sharing, sounds like cool stuff :D

Well, most of those acronyms went over my head (except NLP I've heard of) but thanks for sharing, sounds like cool stuff :D
It need not to be the case. Tell me if you're genuinely interested in learning about Deep Learning and i'll share some links from stanford courses on Deep Learning. They got the best materials, lecture videos and challenging assignments. Give them a honest try and withing 3 mnths, you'd be much better in neural nets.

Thanks for the offer but I probably don't have the time nor brain power to digest this stuff. I do spend a little time here and there looking into this stuff, but I guess I should try and put in better effort to look at the online courses and such. Cheers!

(PS: Before this thread gets derailed, I hope you get the response you were looking for to your original query :D)

Hello friends
This is Lovekesh and i am going for my first every high performance machine. My main purpose is to use it for some Deep Learning/Artificial intelligence work (which will require Nvidia GPUs) , along with some latest games (maybe at 1080p only, not really crazy after max settings or stuff like that). After spending some time on internet, i have zeroed down on the components below. Please take a look, along with prices

CPU : i5 6600k - 17500 (Cost to cost price with VAT included), +300 if buy from CE or Soham Enterprises
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212x - 2800 (Cost to Cost), almost similar from others
Mobo : Asus Maximus VIII Ranger - 18200 (Price is almost same across all shops and surprisingly equal to online prices)
PSU : Seasonic SS-650KM3 - Rs 8800 (online prices, not Nehru Place, but should be around the same)
Cabinet: NZXT S340 (Rs 6300 from NP) or NZXT H440 (Rs 10400 from NP)
Ram: G-Skill Rip Jaws 16 GB (2*8) DDR4 2400 MHZ (Rs 5400 from NP)
HDD : Seagate 2 TB - Rs 5500 (NP Prices)

I'll be adding Nvidia gtx 980 Ti later, like after 2-3 months or something like that.
I think in future, i might add another gtx 980 Ti, then i intend to sell my 650 psu to buy something more beefier one (like 850 KM3) .

Here's what i need assistance for :

1. General feedback on the choice of components, any compatibility issues or some better component recommendation.
2. Which is the best shop in Nehru Place to get this rig assembled from ? I don't want some ignorant idiot (including myself) assemble it sub-optimal way like not taking care of static charge or stupid cable management etc.
CPU : i5 6600k - 17500,
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212x - 2800,
Mobo : Asus Maximus VIII Ranger - 18200,
GPU : Zotac GTX970 4GB AMP -27500,
PSU : Seasonic M12II 750w Evo Edition - 9000,
Cabinet: NZXT S340 - 6300,
Monitor : LG 24MP77HM 24" LED IPS - 14000,
Ram: G.Skill Rip Jaws V 16 GB (2*8) DDR4 2400 MHZ - 5400,
HDD : WD Caviar Blue 2 TB - 5500,
KB/Mouse : Cooler Master Octane Gaming Bundle -4000.

TOTAL : 1,10,200.

No need to go with GTX980Ti just GTX970 is enough for your purpose.

Back