Need for Speed : Most Wanted

Metallus

Disciple
The next in the import racer series has been announced but, we all know that we cannot really trust Spong, right? Here are some of the details:
SPOnG can today exclusively blow the lid on Electronic Arts’ next Need for Speed game, detailing the company’s thinking on the leading franchise update for the first time.
The series will ditch the Underground moniker, with the new game carrying the title Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The information, leaked to us last week, states that the multi-platform offering will ship across the world in late 2005.
Most Wanted will be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and “Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS.†A pleasant added value news snippet details a “…simultaneous ship, with the Xbox2 platform", which indicates a late 2005 release for Xbox2 too. Though whether the machine will go under the ‘Xbox2’ name is unclear. But the launch period, as dated by the world’s leading third-party publisher, can now be pencilled in.
The picture we get is of a game that is not really too different from the Underground duo, with one key difference: Most Wanted takes the series back to its roots, with police chases making up the body of the gameplay.

The game will feature:

"Outwit cops" missions

Visual customisation to manage your ‘heat meter’

Epic Hollywood-style police pursuits with up to 15 cop cars on screen

Skill-based cop evasion and upgradable evasion technology

Interactive environments conducive to eluding cops
There is also a rap-sheet system, in which a player’s notoriety is upped by performing more dangerous manoeuvres in the view of following police.
Eight game modes are promised:

Multiple point races

Toll booth races

Speed trap photos

Outrun

Outrun best route

Circuit

Sprint

Knockout – Cost to state, pursuit milestones and headlines

Milestones
Four ‘distinct regions’ will be offered, along with real time weather and an evolving environment.

*There will be no racing during the night-time* (WHAT????:O )

all the action taking place between sun up and sunset.
Online play will be included with what is described as a ‘similar feature set to NFSU2’ though this time, world-wide play will be included with no conflict between the North American and European versions.

Around 100 motors will be on offer. ‘Asian import (tuners), exotics, Americanmuscle and Euro imports,†as detailed by EA.

Sounds nice ... so far so good..

Metallus said:
*There will be no racing during the night-time*

all the action taking place between sun up and sunset.

i am with ya there.. u cant be a bad boy at night? that plainly sux..

^^ totally agree with ya there.. Burn Out 3 is simple superb.. how i wish something like that was available for PCs as well..

TheMask said:
^^ totally agree with ya there.. Burn Out 3 is simple superb.. how i wish something like that was available for PCs as well..

A PS2 is worth buying only for that game and GTA SA. But GTA will anyway be released for PC.

And though I enjoyed both NFS UGs, I am glad that there wil be no night racing. :clap:

Well....I will certainly buy it the day it is released. :eek:hyeah:

Well I thought EA learnt their lessons with NFS6:HP2. Seems otherwise. The chasing and weather changes alone wont take it past its UG2 record. Who gives a damn bout rain and sunshine anyway. And police chases and playing as a cop suck. They are fine till they are just as a addon but as a complete game I dont think so.

nikhilb2008 said:
A PS2 is worth buying only for that game and GTA SA. But GTA will anyway be released for PC.

And though I enjoyed both NFS UGs, I am glad that there wil be no night racing. :clap:

Well....I will certainly buy it the day it is released. :eek:hyeah:
Wudnt agree with you on that, the ps2 is worth buying for the following
God of war (U have no idea what u guys r missing :p)
MGS 3 (awesome game)
Silent Hill series (sucks on PC)
GTA: SA
Burnout 3
WWE games (for the wrestling fans)
Resident Evil games
Tekken
SC
NBA Street (sumthng unusual frm EA)
Gran Turismo !
There are lots of other. Btw i am sure this will turn into a PC Vs PS2 thread now. :p

same bull$hit cop chase...seems exciting though :p
btw,,,i really enjoyed the UG series. both games were superb though a bit repetative at times. the graphics were stunning to say the least.

cop chase reminds me of Driver. the first installment was a great experience...but the recently Driv3r failed to live upto expectations. its a shame really..i wanted to play tat game but now i wont.

blade_runner said:
Wudnt agree with you on that, the ps2 is worth buying for the following
God of war (U have no idea what u guys r missing :p)
MGS 3 (awesome game)
Silent Hill series (sucks on PC)
GTA: SA
Burnout 3
WWE games (for the wrestling fans)
Resident Evil games
Tekken
SC
NBA Street (sumthng unusual frm EA)
Gran Turismo !
There are lots of other. Btw i am sure this will turn into a PC Vs PS2 thread now. :p

HEHE!!!!! I will try not to make this into a PC vs PS2. But I don't have all that much knowledge abt PS2 games except the big ones. And Yeah!!!! I totally forgot abt GT4. Hope it releases for PC soon.

BTW, do you own a PS2???

oh yeah baby...i dnt mind until thy dnt screw the game...never knw until u play it....also i think the whole cop thingy mite b boring..but i really loved the underground series...specially u2 for its graphics...

and mgs is a very good game...even on PC.....rocks

nikhilb2008 said:
HEHE!!!!! I will try not to make this into a PC vs PS2. But I don't have all that much knowledge abt PS2 games except the big ones. And Yeah!!!! I totally forgot abt GT4. Hope it releases for PC soon.

BTW, do you own a PS2???
Yeah ! Also burnout 4 and some other gr8 games are coming soon to ps2.

Yeah dude, lots of good games on all systems, just too many. All offer different experiences. I love my PC and my PS2 and my Xbox (cant wait for Jade Empire and Wrestlemania XXI) :D.

Rockyme2002 said:
oh yeah baby...i dnt mind until thy dnt screw the game...never knw until u play it....also i think the whole cop thingy mite b boring..but i really loved the underground series...specially u2 for its graphics...

Yeah!!!! The graphics was one of the best things abt NFS UG2. And especially on my 6800GT, it was AWESOME!!!!My fav part is hitting NOS on an RX8. It looks amazing.

Please guys - NEVER TRUST any information from Spong. They have a well known reputation for giving fake news. :cool2: they keep fooling like that. Lately, they even said Resident Evil 4 was confirmed for Xbox, with 'prove' of the preisdent of capcom making his statement. Later, when this created a havoc all over ign and gamespot not coming up with this kind of Re4 promotion they interviewed the president of capcom itself, and he said he hasn't made any kind of statement nor in future ever wants to about Re4 and Xbox!! :bleh:

Gamespot is just the best for updates, they're fast and real.

wow...the screenshot looks superb
and i'm sure "this" will make it to the PC :eek:hyeah:

QuickFire posted 1.02 minutes later:

Key Features

* Open Road, Open World: Rule the streets as the most notorious street racer in various regions that include edgy industrial and urban environments. In the game, the environment can be a friend for a foe. Players will master short-cuts as well as use the traffic and destructible environments to their advantage.

* All-New Gameplay: Need for Speed Most Wanted features new and exciting gameplay that incorporates strategic cop pursuit and skill-based evasion techniques with illicit street racing.

* Visual Customization: Whether gamers are trying to lose the cops or they just want to pimp their ride, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers extensive visual customizations.

* Blacklist: As players enter the world of illicit street racing, they must go up against the best street racers on the scene to earn respect and rise to the top of the Blacklist.

* Rap Sheet: Players will build up their Rap Sheet with record breaking times, street challenges and out-foxing an escalation of police vehicles, tactics and technology.

* Performance Tuning: Can't compete against a sports car? Head to the safehouse and tune up your ride to race against any class of vehicles.

* Next-Gen Graphical Features: Need for Speed Most Wanted for the next generation console delivers the next level of graphical excellence in video games. Utilizing graphical techniques including normal mapping and real-time lighting, the graphical experience is incomparable to any racing game on the market.

* Race Online* Need For Speed Most Wanted features online play for Xbox 360, Xbox, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the PC.

Back