Graphic Cards Need Graphics card as full hd movies frame skipping in Dell HD monitor

haritr

Disciple
Hi, My friend is having a desktop with Dell Full HD 22" monitor, Atholon x2, GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P with 2 gb ram. He is using a low end zebronics 450W SMPS which came with the cabinet.

He is Experiencing frame skipping and lagging while playing HD 1080p movies.
The use is only watching HD movies and not playing any games.

So, need suggestions in buying the cheapest and somewhat future proof Graphics card which will solve this frame skipping problem.

Also should we have to change the SMPS or can we use the low end SMPS with it ?

Thanks

Hari

Get hold of a 5670, it will be more than enough. No need to change the SMPS. Ensure that you get a 1GB version, its more preferred for gaming.

okey, so 5670 is the cheapest and sufficient GPU without the need of upgrading the SMPS ?

He is only interested in 1080p movie watching, so please suggest the cheapest GPU for that.

Thanks

^^ I reiterate you better get a decent SMPS before proceeding, because

1) I care for your equipment [friends computer in this case],

2) I don't not want people coming back complaining about a crashed hard-disk, or lost data OR fried graphics card / motherboard / CPU,

3) look I know it means we're pushing the budget, but come-on its like saying I won't to buy a Nokia N-8 but because it is so expensive I'll settle for a Chinese make touch phone.

Look I'm not pressurizing you, Sire, just telling my point-of-view.

Back