CPU/Mobo !!Need Help!! ASUS Maximus Formula With Nvidia 8800 GTX

Nos007

Disciple
Hey members i am planning for the my new PC

Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula

Processor: C2D E8400

Ram: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 (2 X 1GB DDR2 800MhZ)

Rest of the specs i'll tell later right now i am bit confused about graphics card, i have planned the NVidia 8800 GTX but after reading the specs of ASUS Maximus Formula it states the it Supports ATI CrossFireâ„¢ graphics, the mobo has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, i need two know that i'll be able to use NVidia GPU's on this Mobo.

:huh: :huh:

Please tell me is anyone out there has used NVidia GPU's on ASUS Maximus Formula...as i have to buy this PC within next 2 weeks...:huh:

Please Help me on this....:huh:

dude u`ll be very much be able to use any pci express card on this mobo...so nvdia or ati no probs
wrt crossfire its is ati`s equivalent of multi gpu of nvidias sli...in crossfire u`ll be able to use only ati cards...
so to sum it up..u may use a single 8800gtx or any oder nvid card on this mobo without a hiccup....and u`ll be able to run 2 ati cards in this momo in tandem

if ur looking for x38 chipset mobo this is a fine piece..anoder one is ABit IX38 QuadGT which is priced arnd 12k ....

but i think u want to go for sli mobo..in dat case wait for a few days for the just rele3ased nvidia 790i chipset mobos to come down price wise...right now its a horrible buy at 22k for the ultra... there shud be anoder version whicg shud be lower priced...:clap:

Nos007 said:
Hey members i am planning for the my new PC

Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula

Processor: C2D E8400

Ram: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 (2 X 1GB DDR2 800MhZ)

Rest of the specs i'll tell later right now i am bit confused about graphics card, i have planned the NVidia 8800 GTX but after reading the specs of ASUS Maximus Formula it states the it Supports ATI CrossFireâ„¢ graphics, the mobo has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, i need two know that i'll be able to use NVidia GPU's on this Mobo.

:huh: :huh:

Please tell me is anyone out there has used NVidia GPU's on ASUS Maximus Formula...as i have to buy this PC within next 2 weeks...:huh:

Please Help me on this....:huh:

Lets start it all over.. :p

Why d u want to stick to the Maximus Formula???

Ther're better boards with other chipsets like P35 from other stables which're equally good... So tat u'll end up spending lesser..

Dont be lured for the Maximus's Heatpipe combo n d killer looks..

And this board will've no probs running any PCi-E 2.0 card.. But it doesn support SLI so u cant run 2 8800GTX... But supports X-fire..

And another thing..

Get an Ati 3870X2.. It beats the GTX up-down-left-right and centre. :D

Actually i am building this PC in partnership with one of my close friend, so we both decided for the asus maximus formula & right now we are planning to buy ony one GPU i.e nvidia 8800 GTX but in future if use two graphics card and that is obvious the same one, then according to the mobo we wont be able to run two nvidia cards, at this moment my friend is not with me so i'll talk to him later & lets see what w'll do...but anywayzzz thnks for all ur suggestions i'l definatly get back to all of u with an upadate ......:)

If u're dead set on SLi support, wait for the Striker Extreme II like I am doing. But it's going to have a very expensive DD3 support.

Anyone know of any 790i based mobo with DDR2 support?

Back