Need Help : Best SIM based 4G Wi-Fi Router

cymric

Disciple
Hello,

I live in a forested area where mobile data network is my only source of internet connection. Sometimes I only get 1 to 2 bars signal strength inside the room which hampers data (outside the room data works fine).

I was thinking of getting a SIM based Wi-Fi router to boost cell reception inside my room.

There are many options online. Would appreciate first hand feedback of model number/ brand.

Budget : Approx ₹3K

I was thinking of getting a SIM based Wi-Fi router to boost cell reception inside my room.
I don't think sim-based wifi routers can boost cell reception.

For that, you need a cell signal booster. Something like this guy got that too free of cost.

Unless you locate the wifi router outdoors where the reception is good and then use wifi indoors.

I don't think sim-based wifi routers can boost cell reception.

For that, you need a cell signal booster. Something like this guy got that too free of cost.

Unless you locate the wifi router outdoors where the reception is good and then use wifi indoors.
That’s interesting. Maybe I can even get Airtel to install something similar

Hello,

I live in a forested area where mobile data network is my only source of internet connection. Sometimes I only get 1 to 2 bars signal strength inside the room which hampers data (outside the room data works fine).

There are many options online. Would appreciate first hand feedback of model number/ brand.

Budget : Approx ₹3K
i use a TP-Link MR600 with Vi sim and am very happy with it. It is a sim based wifi router that need a sim card and will provide wifi using it's data.
MR600 is costly but there cheaper models from tp-link itself, namely MR200. you can check it out

i use a TP-Link MR600 with Vi sim and am very happy with it. It is a sim based wifi router that need a sim card and will provide wifi using it's data.
MR600 is costly but there cheaper models from tp-link itself, namely MR200. you can check it out
Have you noticed a measurable improvement after you have installed it ?

Have you noticed a measurable improvement after you have installed it ?
sorry for late reply.
my pace has a huge network issue whereas nothing works inside the house. i have placed the router/modem outside my house, although under a shade, to boost with signal reception and i notice HUGE benefits. i regularly get around 4-5MBPS and 9-10MBPS after midnight till late morning. Plus Vi towers in my area don't support 4G+ yet, so this is without 4G+ and normal 4G only, but your milage may vary

Back