Camera Need help buying a Digital Camera under 12-13k INR

channabasanna

Disciple
Hi All,

Need help buying a Digital Camera. Getting the camera this month end when Salary comes :)
  • My budget is around 12-13k.
  • I would mainly use it to take snaps during travel (occasionally) and my scale model collections (more often).
  • HD (720P) video capture would be good too.
  • So suggest me which model to go for and which brand Nikon, Canon or SONY.

Thanks in Advance.

Look for Canon SX 120 IS (Rs 12.5 K) / 130 Is (Rs 14.5 K) !!!

great features....you can read the reviews on dpreview or steve's digicams !! Nikon or sony is not offering good ones in 12 K region....even i want to buy one.....was looking for L110 ...but reviews are not great... !!

Hey buy Nikon camera with 15x optical zoom,priced arnd 14-15k,really worth it,do not opt for a high megapixel count and compromise on optical zoom.

swapyworld said:
u r welcome, hey are you open for grey market too?? you can have camera's with much lesser prices there !!

Hmm probably not, since this would be like almost a one time investment for almost 6-7 years atleast, hence i dont want to opt for Grey Market.

rachankamath said:
Hey buy Nikon camera with 15x optical zoom,priced arnd 14-15k,really worth it,do not opt for a high megapixel count and compromise on optical zoom.

Can i know the model number.

In the camera i would prefer having Macro mode, so that i can take detailed/close-up pictures of the Scale Model cars

Check out the Sony W350 or W360. It should cost less than 12k with bill and warranty. Decent specs and decent image quality. It doesn't have a separate macro mode, but the camera automatically detects when you are trying to take pics of close up objects and changes to macro automatically.

About Nikon, he is talking about L 110 . It has 15X optical zoom+macor mode+HD video recording
its a feature rich piece of cam for that cost

my colleagues had it and they are saying its pretty amazing.....i havnt seen it personally !!
the reviews are not that great but its offering too much at that price tag....

I have Panasonic TZ4 point & shoot camera in pristine condition. Just the packaging was opened. Asking price -> 8k with SD card & original Panasonic Case/Clip

channabasanna said:
The Nikon L110 looks interesting, is it a worth buy. If so i will better opt for that.
well seems like L110 doesnt give much good performance in indoor and reviews are just avg for this camera.you can go for any Panasonic Lumix camera they will give you the best results.

Back