CPU/Mobo need Help buying a sandy bridge motherboard

mikeyaxe

Disciple
guys planning to get myself a new pc this saturday...

well ill get all d components from lammy, and assemble it myself..
ive decided on the following..
i5 2500k
500gb- seagate baracuda (7200 rpms)
2*4Gb corsair vengance
Sapphire/msi cyclone oc hd6850
and NZxt guardian 921 Rb cabinet

which leaves me around 7500-8000rs max for a motherboard
pls suggest me sum good ones(asus , gigabyte or Asrock only) with usb3.0

i dont plan to Sli/crossfire,
wont to doing any hardcore overclocking either..

jst need it to complete my setup
if there aint ne ATX boards, pls suggest sum mATX boards...

its urgent guys....
awaiting ur response...

(if ive posted in the wrong section, sorry - jst a newbie :(

Firstly Use the below template to ask for advice.
Just copy paste the contents from the below link and paste in your thread and answer the questions asked in the thread.
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/template-what-should-i-buy-use-143714.html
This will help others to advice accurately and you will get your answers in less time.

For CPU and MOBO:
See if you are not at all into overclocking then there is no point in going for i5 2500k.
You are better off with i5 2400+h67 combo which can can save 5k or more.
As for P67 Mobos the following are good options.
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 Revision LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS P8P67 DELUXE B3 Revision LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Review: MSI P67A-GD55 Review and OC guide

The only difference betwwen ASUS and gigabyte board is that gigabyte uses the old bios where as ASus uses UEFI (new GUI for BIOS and some improvements)
So go for Asus one if posssible.
MSI one looks amazing from the reviews.MSI is also very good but due to doubt about its A.S.S i cant advice you to buy it. So guys can anyboys give their thoughts about it.

For H67 mobo get
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Intel DH67BL LGA 1155 Micro ATX Motherboard

And for ram it looks awesome deal
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

For Cabinet:
I think buy buying NZXT gamma instead of a coastly cabby you can save couple of bucks and invest in a gfx like GTX 560Ti or HD6950 which will serve you well.

And what about PSU atleast get this TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply or for future upgrades get this TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply ,if budget permits.

Happy Gaming :) .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Link to Cabinet:
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

^^ MSi A.S.S. is good and fairly responsive [personal experience].

Also the Click BIOS featured on MSi motherboards + Hybrid BIOS on the Gigabyte counterparts is no match for the ASUS UEFI set-up which is simple to navigate, intuitive and hosts a great deal of control [and mouse support actually works on that set-up].

mikeyaxe said:
guys planning to get myself a new pc this saturday...

well ill get all d components from lammy, and assemble it myself..

ive decided on the following..

i5 2500k

500gb- seagate baracuda (7200 rpms)

2*4Gb corsair vengance

Sapphire/msi cyclone oc hd6850

and NZxt guardian 921 Rb cabinet

which leaves me around 7500-8000rs max for a motherboard

pls suggest me sum good ones(asus , gigabyte or Asrock only) with usb3.0

i dont plan to Sli/crossfire,

wont to doing any hardcore overclocking either..

jst need it to complete my setup

if there aint ne ATX boards, pls suggest sum mATX boards...

its urgent guys....

awaiting ur response...

(if ive posted in the wrong section, sorry - jst a newbie :(

Sire are you going to over-clock OR not be specific, Intel has been a spoil-sport in this case and it is black and white [you either want to over-clock OR not], depending on this you shell out the dough for an appropriate set-up [k-marked processor + P67 / Z68 based motherboard] OR standard processor [Core i3 / i5 / i7] + H67 / H61 chipset.

You should seriously reconsider the NZXT Guardian cabinet and instead go for the NZXT Gamma, here is why -- NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club / NZXT Gamma

The aesthetics of the NZXT Gamma are the first thing to catch your eye, the exterior styling is very unique and while it may not suit the most discerning tastes, it’s not offensive and we did think the look grew on us. It does have a very functional appeal though, and considering its price tag, we can’t complain. The interior black finish is also a nice touch, and while the Gamma may not have all of the high-end features of NZXT’s Crafted Series chassis, it does carry a very affordable price tag instead.

The thermal characteristics for the Gamma is more than sufficient for moderate overclocking, especially when the five additional 120/140mm fans are installed. The hole behind the CPU enables the installing of high performance CPU coolers without removing the motherboard. There is also the option of have a rear-mounted external radiator setup or an top-mounted internal rad for water cooling possibilities.

Throw in some Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm fans [~400/- a piece], for improved airflow and some gorgeous LED ambiance and you are set to go.

If you do so then you will free up some budget and redeploy it to get the MSi GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II ~ 15500/- OR Sapphire HD 6950 1GB ~ 14900/-, for better HD performance and future-proofing over the HD 68** series cards which are past their peak.

Also as you've not mentioned a SMPS for powering this whole RIG allow me to suggest, the Seasonic S12II 620W ~ 4700/- OR Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5500/-.

Hope this helps and happy RIG hunting, Sire.

ALPHA17 said:
Sire are you going to over-clock OR not be specific, Intel has been a spoil-sport in this case and it is black and white [you either want to over-clock OR not], depending on this you shell out the dough for an appropriate set-up [k-marked processor + P67 / Z68 based motherboard] OR standard processor [Core i3 / i5 / i7] + H67 / H61 chipset.

You should seriously reconsider the NZXT Guardian cabinet and instead go for the NZXT Gamma, here is why -- NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club / NZXT Gamma

Throw in some Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm fans [~400/- a piece], for improved airflow and some gorgeous LED ambiance and you are set to go.

If you do so then you will free up some budget and redeploy it to get the MSi GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II ~ 15500/- OR Sapphire HD 6950 1GB ~ 14900/-, for better HD performance and future-proofing over the HD 68** series cards which are past their peak.

Also as you've not mentioned a SMPS for powering this whole RIG allow me to suggest, the Seasonic S12II 620W ~ 4700/- OR Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5500/-.

Hope this helps and happy RIG hunting, Sire.

well it did help mate...

nd by the way... i am plannin to overclock...jst not urgently...mayb after a few months..

so im thinkin...to go with a H61 board along with my i5 2500K

so i will b able to upgrade it to Z68 mobo after a few months..

as i was sayin... would it cause ne bottle neck, or will it run fine.. along with my

sapphire 6850! its mostly for gaming.....

hows an H61 board with gaming.. with a 6850 GP

mikeyaxe said:
well it did help mate...
nd by the way... i am plannin to overclock...jst not urgently...mayb after a few months..

so im thinkin...to go with a H61 board along with my i5 2500K
so i will b able to upgrade it to Z68 mobo after a few months..
as i was sayin... would it cause ne bottle neck, or will it run fine.. along with my
sapphire 6850! its mostly for gaming.....

hows an H61 board with gaming.. with a 6850 GP
no there won't be any kind of bottleneck. H series Boards with K series processor not recommended.

Why don't you wait for few months instead of wasting money in H series board get a Z68 or P67 series board and get a better graphics card with the money you saved from not buying a H series board.

Back