Need help buying an unlocked USB Data card

vigilante

Adept
Hi Guys,
I need to buy an unlocked USB data card which can be used with any 2G or 3G sim cards. I read good reports for the Huawei E303C but could not find it in the local shops I checked. I guy had it but was quoting above 2k for it. There's a good deal for it on HS18 but the delivery time is too long (8-9days). The other options I found in the shops were from Alcatel, MicroMaxx, Intex and iBall. The best price I got for these was 1600/-. If not Huawei, which one should I go for? Is the Huawei one worth spending extra or waiting or it doesnt matter?
Thanks.

I just got the zte data card from vodaphone from mobilestore.
Model is K3770 and works pretty well for me.

Cost about 1325 including 1gb data. And surprisingly the modem is not locked to vodaphone. I suggest given the price and the promise of 1 year support, take a look at it from your local vendor.

Is that so? Then I need to check it out, otherwise Vodafone data charges here are on the higher side.

Well a friend of mine wanted to use it with airtel, so I put it in the sim and changed the apn, worked fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, do note that for docomo et all, in there unlimited 3g for 250 bucks, they offer 1gb @ 3g which is fine.
After that I was expecting 2g speeds but nowdays they are capping the speed @ 64kbps.

Back