PC Peripherals Need Help Buying PC Cabinet

I currently have the Zebronics bizli chassis/cabinet with me. I am planning an upgrade.

Please suggest a good cooling chassis within range 5K to 8k suitable with my current configuration.

|Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |Intel C2Q6600|Intel DG33BU|MSI HD5770 1GB HAWK|Ram 3gig|500+80gig SeagateHDD|Creative T6060 5.1|X360 Wireless Controller x 2| LG Flatron W1942S| Zebronics Bizli Cabby|D-Link DSL-2640U|

EDIT:- I need the upgrade because i want to be able to run my pc for almost 20hrs without any overheat issues. I'm currently facing a problem with the processor being overheated due to which i need to apply a new coat of thermal paste almost every 2 months. So please suggest a good cabby+ cpu cooling kit/fan or anyother hardware that helps.

What about the HAF 922

it has 200mm side fan and i think it looks better than 932( though its smaller than 932 , but i dont think he requires a full tower)

do you over clock? what PSU do you have?

going by your system specs, YOU DO NOT NEED A CABINET UPGRADE. i feel you are wasting your money just to upgrade the cabinet. instead spend that money upgrading your GPU or your monitor (i see you have old LG CRT correct?)

Bijli is a goodd, VFM cabinet. but if you still feel to upgrade a cabinet, get the cooler master elite 3xx series cabinet for approx 2k. enough for your system. save money for later or give it to me :rofl:

I think CM 690 should do all the work !! But considering HAF 922 and 932 go for 922 !! There is no use spending extra 3k jus for the size !! HAF 922 will do the magic at 7k price point !! Consider Lancool Dragonlord K62!!

Malique said:
do you over clock? what PSU do you have?

going by your system specs, YOU DO NOT NEED A CABINET UPGRADE. i feel you are wasting your money just to upgrade the cabinet. instead spend that money upgrading your GPU or your monitor (i see you have old LG CRT correct?)

Bijli is a goodd, VFM cabinet. but if you still feel to upgrade a cabinet, get the cooler master elite 3xx series cabinet for approx 2k. enough for your system. save money for later or give it to me :rofl:

My problem with the bizli is that my processor heats up real bad and i need to apply a new coat of thermal paste every 2-3 months. Now since i've ran out of thermal paste i'm currently using Colagate Total to do the same.:ashamed:

So please guys advice some good hardware/s whether it be cooling fans, liquid cooler, etc,. that will help with the issue and availability in India. I've currently the stock cpu fan that comes in bundle with the processor.

BTW Thanks for the replys guys.

PS: i leave all my hardware @ stock settings.

my psu is GlacialStars 500A

jojothedragon said:
My problem with the bizli is that my processor heats up real bad and i need to apply a new coat of thermal paste every 2-3 months. Now since i've ran out of thermal paste i'm currently using Colagate Total to do the same.:ashamed:
So please guys advice some good hardware/s whether it be cooling fans, liquid cooler, etc,. that will help with the issue and availability in India. I've currently the stock cpu fan that comes in bundle with the processor.
BTW Thanks for the replys guys.
PS: i leave all my hardware @ stock settings.
my psu is GlacialStars 500A

:crazy: w00t :O Colgate total as Thermal paste, atleast get that Cooler Master HTK-002 paste comes for around rs.130-150 is sufficient for entire year or 2 atleast & its much better than Killing ur cpu or motherboard by brushing them with toothpastes...

Whatever you do get, ensure you get the seller to give you a tube of thermal paste free with it.

If you have regular drying of the thermal paste and a very hot processor, it usually means the coupling of the CPU and heatsink are suboptimal. You may not be seating the heatsink properly and I remember the LGA775 was particularly troublesome to fit correctly, and the push pins on the heatsink would lose pressure after 5 or 6 refits as they were basically a fit-and-forget solution.

From what I remember of the Bijli, this is not a problem you can directly attribute to it - apart from the extremely unfortunate name it wasn't really bad enough to cause severe overheating of the CPU.

The CM 370 (for example) has lots of fan openings for cooling and is significantly cheaper than your budget - though it has its own issues, flimsy build being one of them and another being the inability to properly populate all the given fan openings being the other. I would limit the budget to around 3K and re-evaluate offerings at that price point given the age of your hardware.

But then again a good cabinet will see off many different builds before being outlived - so it's by no means a wasted investment. The K62 will work all the way to a 200W+ GPU and a hot overclocked processor - only if you never ever plan to have that kind of a system would it be a waste of money.

Dude you can opt for K-60 or K-62 whichever fits your budget.

They both are very good long term investment.

But before all that get a good thermal paste like Arctic Cooling MX-2 which costs Rs.345/- and once applied it will last really long and will really keep the temperature down.

Thanks for the info Sir Cranky.

I'm thinking of buying CM 690 II AVD or the HAF 922 (because i can't find anything else in ebay.in atm)with a additional CPU cooler. I want to know whether it would be a waste of bucks.Will a cpu cooler alone solve the issue?if yes, please mention the best one at a price range if 3-4k provided it fits inside the bizli.

And please mention the price of Lancool K-62 in india.

PS:- I ordered the CM IceFusion thermal compound form Ebay @Rs449 already.

Price of K-62 will be around Rs.6,900/- to Rs.7,200/- Sold by Phoenix in Dealer's Paradise (check the Lian-Li & Lancool cabinets thread)

If you dont want the LED fans & all black interiors then go for K-60 which will be cheaper by Rs.1,000/-

Back