Budget 31-40k Need help choosing a GPU and a SSD

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i7 5820K / Corsair H105i Cooler
    • Motherboard - Asus X99-a
    • GPU - NVIDIA GTX 580
    • RAM - GSKILL DDR4 4 x 4 = 16gb
    • Monitor - Sony W42800A TV
    • PSU - Cooler master 850 silent pro
    • CM Haf X
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• all of above i bought them 3 days ago
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement. i want to buy a GPU and SSD for my above config to max out all settings on GTA V and witcher 3
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• no upgrades whatsoever in next 4 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer) Bangalore / Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • maybe if its sealed
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • VM deployment for learning purposes on ESXi 6.x and hyperV 2012 and the next iteration to come
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy sandisk or kingston or transcend cheap stuff i GPU and SSD with good ASS
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • GTA V ,
    • Witcher 3
    • Mortal kombat X
    • CS GO
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 x 1080P
    2. in future like next year may go for 4k TV
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 8.1 / and windows 10 when it releases
    • One more thing i wouldnt like to buy GTX970 as it has memory issues currently !! would be worth waiting for the fixed ones to come out or go for the AMD 3xx series GPUs

Last edited:
the 970's memory issue is a rare case scenario - it's still a good card. they wont be releasing a fix or a newer version without the issue since it's more to do with the basic architecture of the die itself.
the alternative would be the 280x and the 290x. i don't think a 980 can be had for under 40k otherwise that would make the list too.
300 series will be launched at computex in june btw and are expected to show huge performance and efficieny gains.
if you're willing to wait then do so as nvidia is holding back their best (960ti and 980ti) to counter the 300 series.

as for ssd's the samsung 850 evo would be the eay to go. (avoid the 840 as it has issues)

So how much waiting would it take ? My 580 lags with gta v , 3.5 gb vram being utilized instead of 4gb,is an issue i could see people selling thier 970s on most of the forums

Yep the lack of real 4gigs will be an issue in future games. 970 won't last very long
Just hang on until amd 3xx . 980 and titan x prices will drop.

Back