Need help compiling music from the 90's

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I am compiling music I heard while growing up with primary focus being on retro/Indipop/bhangra music (no bollywood music!). Kindly list songs if it belongs to the above category. Youtube videos would be awesome too.
I have listed some on the above genres I have managed to collect -
[1] Apache Indian - Boom shakalaka/Chock There/Arranged marriage
[2] Alisha Chinoy - Made in India (Album)
[3] Raageshwari - Duniya
[4] Malkit Singh - Gur nalon/etc
[5] Remo Fernandez
[6] Baba Sehgal
[7] Colonial Cousins

Thanks in advance.

No chennai express for me - felt nostalgic last night - must've been whiskey!
Do post some more songs.

I guess you mean Pop music of the 90s. Boy, those were wonderful years!

Albums:

Adnan Sami : Sargam - 1995, Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao - 2000
Silk Route: Boondein - 1998
Bombay Vikings - Kya Soorat Hai - 1999
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - So Many !

Songs:

Sorry about the rather long post. However, you asked for it by posting such a nostalgia invoking thread on a rainy and lazy Sunday morning :p!

Music was so much better then!
Lucky ali - managed to collect some of his songs. Btw need a high quality link to Raageshwari's Duniya.

you made me remember these songs which i used to get recorded on audio-cassettes. had a good collection. :rolleyes:

don't forget to add 'junoon' (songs apart from their debut track in India) to your list.

am currently trying to find songs from the 80s (that was THE time!!). many individuals have started composing tracks too in the 80s tunes, and many people are liking them; for instance, 'remember when' (from 'mitch murder), 'spirit of the night' (from 'tesla boy'), etc.

P.S. - another one that just came to my mind! will keep adding here whenever i remember anything:

Also there is this song which goes piya piya piya....(?) which is that?

this?! :

one more. don't know whether this particular track is from the 90s or not, but most probably, from late 90s or early 2000 (remix of an old qawwaali):

Last edited:
Naah,not that one.but I do remember the words were the ending of the chorus.
Not that I liked it but,my sister did and i would annoy her by braying every time the song came on,or rather when those words were repeated.:D
all these songs bring back memories.

Back