Android Need help - Data transfer from Samsung to Motorola

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I have got new Motorola E mobile phone. Presently I have Samsung android phone which also has SD card slot. I need the help on following points:

1) Since the phone only has 2 GB available space for the user, I would like to install as many applications as possible on SD cards ( applications like whatsapp, NDTV etc) along with the SMS, whatsapp mssgs, photos etc.
Please advise how to achieve it?

2) I would like to transfer my complete whatsapp messages (including photos, videos) to the new phone. Which folders do I need to copy and to which location on Moto E? WhatsApp need to be installed on the new phone before or after transfer the backup files?

3) Though I have read that if someone is using android phone his contacts are automatically synced with the registered email id. By when I am checking the Google contacts on my email id, I do not have the complete contact list synced. How do I transfer complete phone book from my existing phone to Moto E?

Thanks

Last edited:
1. I dont know if Kitkat supports installation on SD cards. YMMV.

2. WhatsApp folder in sdcard, copy the entire folder to the sdcard partition in the E.

3. I assume you are using Phone contacts. Just search for export option - export to Google contacts (Saw this in an HTC phone) OR try any app from the Play Store.

Back