Budget 21-30k Need Help for Mini PC

Prosenjit

Reseller
  • Budget: N/A.
  • Existing hardware setup: i7 3770K + MVF + Dominator Platinum 16GB 1866MHz + H80 + 560Ti + 256GB SSD + VX550W + 5.1 Audio system.
  • Components from the existing setup that you intend to keep: 256GB SSD, if possible then RAM + 5.1 Audio system.
  • Components that you have in mind for your new PC: Intel NUC / ASUS VivoBook / MAC Mini
  • Plans to upgrade in the future: Intel 8 Core / 12 Core / X99.
  • Places from where you will buy components along with your location: N/A.
  • Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components from the Erodov market? : Yes.

• Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD playback etc] : No gaming but FullHD playback.

• Brand preferences: Apple

• Monitor resolution and size: I have Benq V2220H Full HD 1920*1080

• Will you be overclocking your setup?: No.

• Which OS will you use?:Windows 7 + Linux Mint + MAC OS X Yosemite (If support).

Last edited:
Intel NUC is good choice with existing components, but for the RAM. The new NUCs need a DDR3L Ram which consumes less electricity. You get choice from Kingston & Corsair.
You can choose between Celeron , i3/5/7 configs. But according to your budget celeron and you can squeeze in i3 too. Mac mini and ASUS Vivibook barebones falls away from 20k range. Let us know your intended budget to help you better.

Out of your list of existing components, you can use only SSD.
Your choice is Intel NUC with i3 3/4th gen with 4GBDDR3L used with existing SSD. The latest NUCs are bundled the WIFI, else you have to adjust with old models and purchase WIFI module separately.

Back