Need help for setting up Projector

clown_abhi

Skilled
Hi Guys,

Need your help in setting up a Samsung SP-P400B portable projector which has a native resolution of 800x600 (SVGA).

When i connect it to my lappy, i can use the 800x600 as the source as well to get a 4:3 image. However, i have got it to watch movies primarily most of which would be widescreen (16:9, 1.85:1 or 2.35:1). There is a 16:9 mode on the projector which i can use with resolution upto 1280x768 as the source.

I have got the following questions:
- Will a widescreen movie look the same on the default 4:3 mode or the widescreen mode?
- Since most of the movies are in HD, if i need to watch a HD movie, will it matter what resolution i am feeding the projector as long as its above 1280x720?
- I am assuming that the widescreen mode will just reduce the resolution to 800x450.
- I tried playing youtube videos, movies etc in both 16:9 and 4:3 modes, but i got a little bigger picture in 4:3. Couldn't notice much difference in image quality though. Just wondering am i missing something here?

Finally what i need to know is should i run this in 4:3 mode or 16:9 mode for playing HD movies for the best possible image and size :)

Thanks,
Abhi.

Back