Need help, getting WD TV Live Plus HD from US. Do i need to mod it before using it?

Kooldude16

Disciple
Hello :),

As one of friend is comming from US i have asked him to get WD TV Live Plus media player for me. I will get it on 24 of this month.

Do i need to mod/ update it before using it in India?

my current requirements are just to watch good HD movies on my LCD.

Thanks,
kooldude16

Re: Need help, getting WD TV Live Plus HD from US. Do i need to mod it before using i

No. Just plug and play. You'll just need the plug point converter.

Re: Need help, getting WD TV Live Plus HD from US. Do i need to mod it before using i

Do you plan to download Torrents on WDTV Live ?

One n00b question, does WDTV or rather any other media players support a 3.5" 1TB HDD?

@ Parks - Not as of now, but in future would like to download torrents from WDTV Live plus. Any problems in there?

You may however face an issue with the power adapter. It may not be a universal type since it is meant to be plugged into an outlet that supplies 110V AC. Ours is 220-230V AC. Ask your friend to check the sticker on the adapter which mentions the input voltage settings.

@Kooldude

Had WDTV Live & tried a lot to mod using B-RAD but somehow torrents didn't work.

I doubt if WDTV have BT set up..

Back