knocking on heavens door.
Adept
Guys....

i need a help with this one

friend got this pc

Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott

Intel D101GGC

256MB DDR ram
now i think its a high time for upgrade....but as always the budget is low[same story for all students:(

so i need suggestion for

1.motherboard

2.Ram[ddr2/ddr3(if possible)]
budget is strictly 4k.....

so what are your suggestion......

help me guys......

TIA

ur friend just wanna upgrade motherboard and RAM or processors too...?

if he wanna upgrade all the three components then i wud suggest this...

Processor AMD Athlon II x2 250 2700

Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M LE 2700

RAM Corsair Value 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 1050

Total 6450

This is the best that i can suggest... but if he wants strictly within 4k then i think he has to buy second hand components...

ur budget is too low with this budget u can buy a motherboard only.

i would recommend increase ur budget and sell ur current hardware.at least get 880g mobo(rs.4100),sempron 140(rs.1460)can be unlocked to x2,2gb ddr3 (rs.1100) otherwise upgrade makes no sense........

No use going for DDR II and the G 31 is a EoL system will not be worth it IMO get second and parts and assemble < warranty of atleast 1 year left > as Hades said or try to leverage for a 1K higher budget.

4k is indeed a small budget to start of with but don't worry your friend still has some options.

First of all adding some RAM (1GB) to your friends current system and a new faster HDD (500 GB) will work out wonders. Upside of this will be that it will surely come under the budget (probably less than 3k), it will surely make your current system a lot faster and will add some extra HDD space :D. Downside of this will be DDR ram will be hard to find and it maybe expensive, plus you'll not be sure when the motherboard dies (I'm guessing its a very old system with no warranty left) which will leave your RAM of not much use.
Buying all new parts will be a little tough as it will overshoot your friends budget. So if you can squeeze out some more money and find buyer for your friends current config you might be able to afford the hardware mentioned in the second post.

TE has a great and active member's market where you can buy a lot of second hand stuff, you might want to look into it.

Lastly, the g31m-s2l with 2gb ddr2 won't be half as bad as seeing your friend made it through with his config this long. So anything with 8 times more ram and a newer motherboard will seem a lot better, but you might find some problems here also as I'm guessing you have the old IDE HDD which can be a bottleneck with any new hardware.

sell ur current setup(cpu,mobo,ram) here at te members market can fetch around 1200-1300 and buy

Asus M4A78LT-M LE(2700)

sempron 140(rs.1460)can be unlocked to x2

2gb ddr3 (rs.1100).

total rs.5260

this is the least u can do...

Audi0slave said:
4k is indeed a small budget to start of with but don't worry your friend still has some options.

First of all adding some RAM (1GB) to your friends current system and a new faster HDD (500 GB) will work out wonders. Upside of this will be that it will surely come under the budget (probably less than 3k), it will surely make your current system a lot faster and will add some extra HDD space :D. Downside of this will be DDR ram will be hard to find and it maybe expensive, plus you'll not be sure when the motherboard dies (I'm guessing its a very old system with no warranty left) which will leave your RAM of not much use.
Buying all new parts will be a little tough as it will overshoot your friends budget. So if you can squeeze out some more money and find buyer for your friends current config you might be able to afford the hardware mentioned in the second post.

TE has a great and active member's market where you can buy a lot of second hand stuff, you might want to look into it.

Lastly, the g31m-s2l with 2gb ddr2 won't be half as bad as seeing your friend made it through with his config this long. So anything with 8 times more ram and a newer motherboard will seem a lot better, but you might find some problems here also as I'm guessing you have the old IDE HDD which can be a bottleneck with any new hardware.

well am trying to convince him that gettin an AM3 based setup will be good......

(he still thinks Pentium 4 with HT enabled @ 3ghz will kick my c2d's bottom as its clocked @ 2.93ghz:p

Back