Need help in addressing potholes issue

irfanlai

Adept
Hi Guys,

Need help in addressing 1 issue which many commuter are facing who travel from Aarey colony, Mumbai.

People use the Aarey route to skip JVLR traffic and Powai tarffic. Bikers need to pay toll Rs 5 and Cars Rs 15. Since the rain has started the road have become pathetic. Lots of potholes and its tiresome to travel. For me back pain has started and many might be facing the same.

I want to know where the hell the money is going which is collected in toll. The toll guys don't even care to repair it.

I just want this issue to be address in some Newspaper like Mid-Day or Mumbai Mirror then only these roads can be repaired.

Calling all help from TE guys if any of you is a jurno or any contact with jurno who can report this issue and create some havoc for these toll managers.

Will get some pics and post soon.

I would suggest you file case under right to informartion act.

that will build better case for faster repairs and quicker media attention.

This can be done but better I feel if some news paper carries out an article with few pics that will create more awareness. I am saying as per what I have seen for some issues which got maximum attention once media gets involved.

Isn't that a private road? I think the toll if for usage of a private road rather than collection of dues towards it's maintenance.

(OT: I would travel on that road on my dad's scooter some 15-20 years ago. I even learned how to drive a car in and around that road. T'was beautiful back then. The road was almost empty with lot's of greenery on either side and well good to drive on. Wonder how the scene is now...apart from the potholes.)

sydras said:
Isn't that a private road? I think the toll if for usage of a private road rather than collection of dues towards it's maintenance.

(OT: I would travel on that road on my dad's scooter some 15-20 years ago. I even learned how to drive a car in and around that road. T'was beautiful back then. The road was almost empty with lot's of greenery on either side and well good to drive on. Wonder how the scene is now...apart from the potholes.)

The greenery is still there but now lots of vehicles and hell lots of potholes to make ur back ache....

Call up the news channels. It is far more easier to get their attention since they are looking for stories. Pick whoever is the leading channel in your state. Also take a video and send those videos to CNN IBN and NDTV citing the monsoons. They will do the needful

Call tv9 .You will get lot of footage as the issue is related to mumbai.

Btw as someone just mentioned how come toll on bike ?

kippu said:
well in that scenario ,we all are paying road tax and still there are potholes :p , who you going to complain that to?

I think road tax and toll rates are different in scope. The tax amount can be used by the govt. in general upgradation of infrastructure, not necessary at the exact city you pay your taxes in. It might be for instance at some village. A toll on the other hand is collected by the body in charge of that infrastructure. That is what I have seen at least. This money needs to be put back into the same project by these guys

Check the authority which has given that stretch of road under the PPP model(assuming that's the case). Approach the authority with a written complaint about the condition of the road and that it needs urgent repairs. If no action is initiated within the time frame given in the letter file an RTI application seeking details on action taken on the previous letter. Also ask for a suitable time and date where you pick up samples of the road to be sent for checking the quality of road construction done by the authority or company designated by them. See what action will be taken then. If no action is taken then come back to this thread and will tell you next steps top get the job done.

<Meanwhile ensure you have enough security, goons(read contractors) have not been very kind with RTI applicants all over India, however with media on your side you will be safe>

Back