Need Help in buying a Car. Urgent Help Required

Apr 27, 2005
Guyz,

I have finally decided to buy a cars. I am low on cash hence planning to buy used car.

I' am planning to buy at least 1.6 and above engine car.

I have spotted the below 2 cars.

1. Mitsubishi Lancer SFXI(TOP Model) 2003 Model, Petrol Engine, 1.6 Engine, 17" Alloy Wheels, With Custom Muffler, full black, needs some renovation on the interiors.

Price: 2 lakhs

Should I opt for LPG Kit which I am getting for 15k as petrol engines average is 11 in city.

2. Skoda Octavia 2003 Model, Diesel Engine, 1.9 TDI Engine, 19" Tyre (No mac/alloy wheels), Full purple, needs minor renovation on exteriors and needs alloy wheels.

Gives 18 in city and 20-22 on highway also its diesel engine.

Price: 3lakhs.

Please help Guyz, I am not an expert in vehicles.

IF you suggest any other cars than please inform me.

As I don't want to spend more than 3 lakhs on car.

Regards

Shahbaaz

abhifusion

Adept
Sep 6, 2009
Pune
Re: Need Help in buying a Car. Urgent Help Required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well logically Octavia sounds as better deal , plus Skoda's service network is larger than Mitsubishi . Go for Skoda ! but get the car checked thoroughly by ur known mechanic and see history of servicing and any damages.

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane

personally safety wise & mileage wise i like Octavia but on paper lancer scores better than Octavia, your choice after all.

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005

avoid the skoda, look for a 1.5 (especially vtec) OHC or baleno

iaudio

Adept
Jul 29, 2009
Have you seen the horror stories on Skoda service and the high cost of spares on T bhp? That will make anyone think twice about a used Skoda.

Get a1.5 Old Honda City anyday! Good performance, peace of mind.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Dont go for a used car.

Problem which are not noticeable today will keep popping after a while. Moreover used car tends to start giving fresh problems as well.

Simple suggestion.. wait out to get more money then purchase something new. Or purchase something which comes well within ur budget but get a new car.

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
U haven't mentioned the kilometers covered by both the cars.....

And how can the Skoda have 19 inch steel rims..... AFAIK, It never came with 19 inch steel rims..... :S (I assume 19 inch tyre = 19 inch steel rims)

I too would suggest u to get a Honda City in good condition. Also, don't opt for LPG. Instead, go for a good diesel car if fuel economy is your priority.

But if I simply had to choose between the above two, I would have opted for the Skoda. Primarily for the solid build quality.

BTW, u should have posted in the Auto section..... :p

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
add to that the ikon 1.6 - You'll get a newer car in better shape, but watch out for expensive spares

Apr 27, 2005
Yeah, what you guyz say is right. Skoda Parts are very costly. Which car do you suggest.

My Budget Rs 4 lkh and i dont like hatchback cars.

BTW Skoda is 69794kms and Lancer is 62753kms.

Anyone staying in Oshiwara,, Andheri, Jogeshwari or Goregaon..

Please suggest a good trusted mechanic as I don't know any mechanic here.

djmykey

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
Why the dislike towards hatches ?? IMO they are the best cars... me and pops had a big time discussion / fight over that... :mad:

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
weight distribution is better in a sedan.

the indigo/dzire handle much better than the indica and indigo :)

even better when the car is designed as a sedan in the first place