Need Help in buying gaming rig. Please advice.

What is Your Budget?
That is the confusion. from 30 - 50 k.

What is the existing hardware configuration.
own 2 laptops but it want to build desktop. So None.

Which hardware do you keeping.
none.

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement

cpu i7 930
gpu pci 9600GT
Hard disk 2 TB WD Green
Other are alining

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Not for min 4 Years.

Where will you buy this hardware?
Chennai/us/online

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No.

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Watching Movies
24/7 Download rig
Browsing

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike
I dont Know

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
POP, AC2, FPS and RPGs

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Normal Resolution For gaming
1440*900 for browsing

Are you looking to overclock?
How to do it
13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Actualy my cousin is in US. One of his relatives is returning to india in 12 days. He say which component (weight less) you required. i says i7 930 is a rage so please send it. but i think it is more than enough for me. Please help. I Need a rig to play games mostly in medium resolution and watch downloaded movies and browsing the web. I want to play some old games like oblivion and some new games like assasin creed 1 & 2. i cannot upgrade my rig for min of 3 - 4 years. so please suggest a rig that last longer.

Thanks
Prakash Santha Kumar:)

Core i7 and 9600GT?? You got to be kidding!!
Why take normal monitor when you can get Full HD in that budget?

Please check TE buying guide.Here is a config that suits you.

Processor AMD Phenom II X2 555BE(3.2Ghz, 2 cores, 6MB L3 Cache) 4900
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3/ MSI 880GMA-E45 5700
RAM 4GB(2*2) G. Skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT DDRIII 5200
HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2000
GPU Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5/ MSI Hawk HD5770 1GB GDDR5 9600
Monitor Benq G2220HD 7700
Cabinet NZXT Gamma/ CM Elite 3xx 2100
PSU/SMPS Corsair cX 400 2700
Key Board Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 1100
Mouse Gigabyte GM6880 Laser Mouse 900
ODD L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
Total 44500

Options:

Processor i3 - 530 (2.93 GHz, 2 cores, 4MB Cache) 5650
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H 5750

2*1Tb Seagate 7200.12 HDD.
Geforce GTX 460 768mb -12k(I would certainly advice this for full hd gaming)
Sapphire Ati 5850 -15k
Check this link if you need something cheaper
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buyin...an-technology-community-pc-buying-169928.html

30K-50K you've to be firm on your budget as the more you pay the better performance you'll get. I'm recommending you rig keeping 50K in mind and 4yrs of no upgrading.

Processor : AMD Phenom II Quad X4 - 955 BE Rs.7900 (LATEST revision)

Motherboard : MSI 880GMA-E45 Rs.5300

RAM : 4GB(2*2) Corsair XMS3 2x2GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory - Rs. 5400

HDD : 1TB Seagate 7200.12 Rs.3300

GPU : MSI Hawk HD5770 1GB GDDR5 Rs.9300

Monitor : Benq G2420HD Rs.10700

Cabinet : NZXT Gamma(+120mm extra intake) Rs.2300

SMPS : Corsair VX 450 Rs.3700

Key Board+Mouse : Logitech Internet Pro set Rs.650

ODD : SAMSUNG/L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer Rs.950

Speakers : Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 Rs.1600

Total = Rs.51100

If you're relay planning on gaming and your resolution requirement is 1440X900 then you can make the following changes,

LCD : Samsung B2030 LCD Rs.6300

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB Rs. 13750

+1 to aman's config except maybe go for a 22" Benq and invest the savings in a GTX 460?

Oh sry i missed the part at the bottom, he already suggested that :p

I would suggest a small tweak to Aman's config. GTX460 and 20" is a no go. The card will easily handle HD.

I would say,

Save 1k in the proccy and go for the PhenomII X4 945 ~ 7k (as u wont OC.)

Save 3k on the monitor and go for the Benq G2220HD ~ 7.7k

Invest the 4k on the card and go for the MSI Cyclone GTX 460 1GB~13.7k/ Zotac 1GB GTX460~13k

^^^ the above mentioned changes are great dude..

go for it..

Also check for a Better PSU since you want to be future proof...

Cabinet : NZXT Gamma(+120mm extra intake) Rs.2300

I'd suggest something a bit different rather than the conventional old gamma , Not that I dont like it , but its becoming too common :|

1. Cooler Master 430 (Little/No Cable Mgmt , Buy 120 mm Fan) 2.7k shipped -- http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/its-alpha-its-beta-no-its-171302.html

2. Xigmatek ASGARD (Better Cable Management - Buy in a 120mm Fan) 2k + ~500 Shipping --- http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-...wer-cabinets-asgard-great-cooling-158189.html

I personally own a Elite 430 which I bought from SMC. I can tell you that it's the best you'll get for that price. I'll tell you what I think you might need to know before you get it..

1. Best thing about this case is the option to mount a lot of fans. And you can have fun while setting it all up. I suggest you get atleast two more fans,add one to the side as intake and one at the back as the exhaust. Completely cover the bottom fan mesh with newspaper or something to allow proper airflow over your hard drive and motherboard.

2. Cable management sucks, but a little innovation and thinking on your part might be able to keep that problem under wraps, it requires clever use of zip ties,which come bundled with the case.

3. The retention plates for the expansion slots cannot be replaced,quite inconvenient if you ask me.

4. If you install an after market cooler, you'll be able to install only one fan at the top. And although the market catalog says that you will be able to remove the cooler without removing the motherboard,in my opinion it's not possible. It gets quite cramped in the corner.

5. Looks great,a little small on the dimensions maybe, but it's quite roomy inside. Also if you install a 5970 be ready to sacrifice a couple of 3.25" HDD slots.
6. The side doors are not really that sturdy,but unless you are not looking for something to "box" with I think you should be fine. The side window will get scratches on it very easily though.

Thanks to Aman, Dark angel and l33T for their help. is i7 is more than enough for me. kindly clarify

Thanks
prakash santha kumar

And another help. My one laptop HP dv4-1551dx (core2duo, 4gb ram, 320 mb hd) mobo get damaged due to accidentel spill of water. service center say to change the mobo. is it possible to upgrade the mobo to quad core or i3 or i7. I have to buy the mobo anyway. Is this post i need to post here or in laptop buying guide. i talk to hp customer care. They said it is not in hp policy to upgrade to new mobo. Please help

thanks well in advance.

prakash_santha said:
Thanks to Aman, Dark angel and l33T for their help. is i7 is more than enough for me. kindly clarify

Thanks

prakash santha kumar

And another help. My one laptop HP dv4-1551dx (core2duo, 4gb ram, 320 mb hd) mobo get damaged due to accidentel spill of water. service center say to change the mobo. is it possible to upgrade the mobo to quad core or i3 or i7. I have to buy the mobo anyway. Is this post i need to post here or in laptop buying guide. i talk to hp customer care. They said it is not in hp policy to upgrade to new mobo. Please help

thanks well in advance.

Bru the problem with i 7 is that it itself is not very expensive but all the specific needs like the motherboard and Triple Channel memory add up to the cost, suggest you stick to AMD for another reason that Intel plans to phase out the LGA 1366 socket by next year leaving any scope of upgrade in limbo.

No the laptops Core i3 or i5 processor cannot be upgraded to an i7 as the socket and chipset for the laptops differ to between the i7 ( high end ) and i3/i5 ( mid range) between the P45 and another chipset if I am not wrong.

Hope this answrs your Qs :)

Thanks for the info bro. So you suggest amd is best for future for desktop. Thanks

and u miss understand my question. in have a laptop with mobo with processor gone already. i have to purchase a new mobo anyway. my question is can i buy a new mobo with processor say quad core or i3. if any suggest.

Thanks
Prakash santha kumar

that you have to ask your laptop company resellers or distributors or query the company itself by calling on its helpline and talking to an executive who is well informed on these matters instead of a confused call center guy

Check that particular laptop model on the website and see whats the best spec it comes with... thats the best u can buy for that laptop... if it never came with a core i5/i3 then forget about it as it was not designed to handle those processors :)

DarkAngel said:
You could start off with doing a survey on the prices at sethia+ rest of ritchie street --- head to delta pheripherals , then decide on where to go and get the stuff , before you go to any of the shops , having a look at the prices would help - not leading to a ripoff

:)

Final question friends
what is the difference between x4 and x6 in gaming performance. is it future proof to go amd x4. or try to dish out 3000 rs extra and buy it. is it advicable to go to 1055t. Please inform.

Thanks
Prakash santha kumar

See any extra cores are worth it but try getting the cheaper 1050 as you don't plan to overclock and just want decent performance, otherwise the 955 or 965 should also be enough for whatever you want to do :)

Hope this solves your problem

Back