Need help in Buying RO for home

redhatperl

RedHatPerl
Disciple
HI Fellas, I know that this question has been probably asked a couple of times before;), so I went through all of them but I still need help:confused:. I have asked this question on TE whatsapp:blush: group, so thought of posting it on forums for recommendations.

My house has borewell connection only and municipal connection will take time to reach in this area. The water TDS from borewell is 865 PPM. Need some suggestions as which which RO is should buy? Any links or specific models that can cater my needs?

is it for just drinking purposes or for whole house general water purposes? for entire house, a commercial water filer will cost around 80k~1 lakh rupees

HI Fellas, I know that this question has been probably asked a couple of times before;), so I went through all of them but I still need help:confused:. I have asked this question on TE whatsapp:blush: group, so thought of posting it on forums for recommendations.

My house has borewell connection only and municipal connection will take time to reach in this area. The water TDS from borewell is 865 PPM. Need some suggestions as which which RO is should buy? Any links or specific models that can cater my needs?

I am assuming you are in an independent house and not an apartment. If so, I suggest you first get a water softener. There are many types of softeners but I would suggest a softener with manual operations where in you add salt to regenerate once every few days. As an example: My bore water is around 450 ppm. I have a 100 L resin. I use about 16 kgs of salt which gives me about 12,000 litres of soft water. In your case a 100 L resin and 16 Kgs of salt should give you around 7,000 Litres of soft water before you need to regenerate the resin (impregnate the resin with NaCl). Based on your usage and how often you are willing to do the regeneration you will have to size your resin tank. Go for local suppliers instead of Kent etc. There is no high tech in this. This should cost you around 30 K to 40 K. It costed me 43 K from Ion Exchange in 2007 but now the prices must have come down drastically.

Once you have the Softener you should go for RO if you really need it. (I needed it because my bore water had above safe level of flouride). Again, you can go for some local RO instead of Kent / Aquaguard etc. I recently bought a no name RO system (Ozean) directly from there website. It is a commercial model. I get around 40L / hour even though they say it is 25 L/hr model. This is a lot cheaper than the name brands and it can fixed by a local technician. I paid Rs 400 for installation.

Back