Need help in choosing..

swapna81

Disciple
Hey,

I am a fresher with little knowledge in C .

I am planning to start my careeer in IT .
Which way should I go .. Dotnet , Java ,Oracle developer ..
I am in USA and I dont have any work permit problems . I would like to go into something which has more job opportunities. I am not looking for very high pay rate..

What would be the suggestions.

Thanks,
Swapna.

dont we all. why not do your own research by searching current job listings in your area to see which skills areas enjoy the highest pay?

@swapna81, if you want good opportunities, turn to India ;)

btw, c/c++ and Java should be ideal way along with strong database (PL/SQL) knowledge.

here is my suggestion:

target certain companies like Cisco, Google. Start moulding your knowledge and plan your career by keeping those companies in mind and when you are ready, try to get placement in those companies.

for example, if you take Cisco, they are more into c/c++/Java/networking stuff and Google is more into web designing (ajax,java,c,c++ etc).

vishalrao said:
dont we all. why not do your own research by searching current job listings in your area to see which skills areas enjoy the highest pay?

Thanks a lot for ur suggestion but believe me I am doing my best in searching over the internet .
@ Everyone

BTW I have got suggestions from my friends that concentrating on any kind of tools is good.
Whats ur opinion ?

desiibond said:
@swapna81, if you want good opportunities, turn to India ;)

btw, c/c++ and Java should be ideal way along with strong database (PL/SQL) knowledge.

here is my suggestion:

target certain companies like Cisco, Google. Start moulding your knowledge and plan your career by keeping those companies in mind and when you are ready, try to get placement in those companies.

for example, if you take Cisco, they are more into c/c++/Java/networking stuff and Google is more into web designing (ajax,java,c,c++ etc).

I dont know why but I think it will be very tough for a fresher to get his/her first job in big companies..
anyways I will try my best. Thanks.

Back