Need help in finding a 16GB Class 6 Micro SDHC card

I'm in search for a 16GB Micro SDHC card for my HTC Desire, right now I'm using a Kingston 8GB card, I'm not happy with its transfer rates and hence the upgrade.

I'm looking for cards with class 6 & above rating, been searching for it on ebay and Dealer's paradise here, but no luck. Can anyone point me to a link, where I can order it online.

Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for the late reply :)

Tried a Class 6 card of a friend, the difference is speed wasn't significant, I think I'll stick to Class 4 for now, if prices fall, then I'll think of Class 6-10 :)

order it off ebay.com, I saw class10 16gb cards for about $40 with free shipping

sriharsha_m said:
Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for the late reply :)

Tried a Class 6 card of a friend, the difference is speed wasn't significant, I think I'll stick to Class 4 for now, if prices fall, then I'll think of Class 6-10 :)
To really test the speed of the card copy a folder with sub folders having 100s of small files from the computer & note the timing, now do the copying from the card to computer note the timing & repeat the same for class 4 card.

If you will need copying data to & from on a regular basis then surely a faster card having class 6 will help, if you just want to keep the data like songs/files then class 4 will work too as you hardly will be copying back.

If you sync the files with your computer on a daily basis class 6 will be faster

^Not sure about reliability but all these brands have been around for a while, lexar, kingmax, memorette in the budget market I guess.

I m using a 8gb kingmax class 10 now, its been ok for a year now. performance is decent too, i remember benchmarking it on my phone long back and getting 20mbps read or so over the 13-14mbps on the internal class 6 sd

heres another, no clue about the brand though http://cgi.ebay.com/WINTEC-16GB-MIC...975027?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item43a54b2873

GEB route http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ImportHubViewItem&itemid=220748138020

Mephistopheles said:
^But are those brands reliable?

The kingmax one doesn't ship to India.
My first Digicam had a Lexar 512MB Card that is still working.

These brands (Lexar, Kingmax) are not popular in India. But they work and are reliable unlike the unbranded Chinese ones.

Even Moserbaer cards are pathetic IMHO. :mad:

Does handsets require class spec of more than 4? I've heard that its only distinguishable in case of digital cameras. If you feel that you're waiting a lot after taking a photo, you'd want class 4+. I'm thinking of buying a 16gb class 4 for my nokia 5800. Hope I can get a better deal somewhere. :)

Back