Budget 0-20k Need help in RAM upgrade in my laptop

nsas02

Disciple
I purchased Asus ROG Strix AMD All advantage Edition laptop at the beginning of this year (mine is a 2021 model). The laptop is a beast, be it in gaming or office work or day-2-day browsing. The bragging is for onother day.

Now, as we all know, due to ship shortage, my laptop was also shipped with slower 1Rx16 RAMs instead of faster 1Rx8 RAM. Now, i'm in the market to upgrade my RAMs to 16Gbx2 (Stock is 8Gbx2) with Rx8 sticks. You may ask why, b'cos I play Cities Skylines and 16Gb of RAM is insufficient to load all my mods, so the plan is to upgrade to 32Gb and while doing so, go for tight ranked sticks.

How did I find mine are slower sticks? Check the screenshot, my RAM numbers matches exactly with STOCK RAM (Image courtesy: Jarrod's Tech)

I see in Crucial website that the 'Where to Buy' goes to Amazon page and the sticks can be 2Rx8/1Rx8/1Rx16, there is no guarantee on which one will get shipped. As expected, many buyer reviews also state the same.
Can someone help me in getting the correct Rx8 rank sticks? I'm not sticking with Crucial, any good brand is also fine. It should be DDR4 3200Mhz laptop rams.
Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need more info to respond.

Attachments

• Ram_Sticks.png
    Ram_Sticks.png
    849 KB · Views: 62
Try the pcpricetracker website, (they list out vendors and prices along with links to buy) and call the vendors. Buy from the shop that gives you clear replies.

Try the pcpricetracker website, (they list out vendors and prices along with links to buy) and call the vendors. Buy from the shop that gives you clear replies.
The main problem is identifying the RAM ranks. That is not listed even on the RAM box.

Rank shouldn't really matter as long as you are using more than one stick. In my opinion you should just look for correct timings.
Tighter sticks perform better. Like RX8 gives better results than RX16. There are numerous YT videos on this comparison. The difference may be trivial in some games, while in some it is big.
Since I'm upgrading, I just want to get better sticks. That's it...

Back