need help in setting up multiplayer setup

cool1

Disciple
hi
i want to do a multiplayer setup on 2 pcs through lan,i have no idea about the setting on the pc or the hardware required to do it. some one told me to use crossover cable for this purpose ,so i got the crossover cable but dont know anything about the setting to do on pc so any one please help me in this .

also
1 : what all hardware is required to do mp setting if i have to connect more than 2 pcs

2: also some one has told me to get a switch(should i get one ? and whats the cheapest switch)

3: i dont know any thing of the setting to be done on pc so a step by step guide would be helpful:eek:hyeah: .

4: please tell me about wired setup:hap2: and not wireless ones:no: as wireless setup is costly

If its just 2 PCs, then use a crossover cable. Here's how to make one - YouTube - How to make a Cat5e Crossover Cable or buy one.

As for settings..for each of the PCs, Start- Network connections. Right click on your LAN card - Properties and go to TCP/IP settings. Enter 192.168.1.2 and .3 for the two computers. Netmask 255.255.255.0. Click OK.

Host a multiplayer game and look for LAN servers on the other. Use the IPs you've alloted if you can't find servers. You are ready.

cyberjunkie said:
If its just 2 PCs, then use a crossover cable. Here's how to make one - YouTube - How to make a Cat5e Crossover Cable or buy one.

As for settings..for each of the PCs, Start- Network connections. Right click on your LAN card - Properties and go to TCP/IP settings. Enter 192.168.1.2 and .3 for the two computers. Netmask 255.255.255.0. Click OK.

Host a multiplayer game and look for LAN servers on the other. Use the IPs you've alloted if you can't find servers. You are ready.

thx will try it

Back