Budget 41-50k Need help on building new PC

krisballa

Disciple
I have gone through all the recent threads in the PC buying advice forum. Decided on some parts but I don't know these parts will gel with each other :) . Need help from the experts.

Q: What is your budget?
50K-60k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Core2Duo
Motherboard - Biostar
GPU - NA
RAM - 2X2GB
Monitor - Samsung Syncmaster SA300 20in
SMPS - Local Brand
HDD - Seagate 500Gb 5200RPM
DVD - Samsung DVD-RW
Cabinet - Local Brand
Others - HP Wireless KB/Mouse

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
HDD - Seagate 500Gb 5200RPM(as a secondary drive)
DVD - Samsung DVD-RW
Monitor - Samsung Syncmaster SA300 20in
Others - Keyboard/Mouse/

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel Core i5 3470
Motherboard - Gigabyte B75M D3H (Not sure - Will this suffice?)
PSU - Corsair TX650V2
RAM - G.Skill RIPJAWS 8GB 1600
Cabinet - Corsair Carbide Series 400R

Q: Need Suggestions on below parts
GPU - ???
CPU Cooler - Is it required?
HDD - ???
SSD - ???

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Not going upgrade in the near future

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad
Open to online purchase
TE Dealer

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Watching HD movies
Graphic Design/VFX

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Don't know much about brands :(

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Action - MaxPayne
Racing - Grid at medium to high settings

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080
Desktop - 1920x1080 or 1920x1200

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

@krisballa the following is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3470 ~11500/- (you will not require a CPU cooler as you are not over-clocking, still keep an eye on the temperatures especially in the summers)
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- (yes, this shall be enough)
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3500/-
GIGABYTE GTX660Ti 2GB ~20000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/- OR DeLL Ultrasharp U2312M ~15000/-
Logitech G400 / G300 ~1500/-
TVS e-Gold Mechanical keyboard ~1200/-
APC 1100VA-IN ~4500/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 Thank you for the quick help :) .

Still have few concerns on the motherboard.

1) On Flipkart there is a review which says the DVI port does not support higher screen resolutions then 1920x1200
2) It has only one SATA 6.0Gbps port
3) Does this motherboard work with both onboard and external GPU at the same time?

Finally in your configuration PSU is missing, does this mean I can go with the Corsair TX650V2, right :)

@ALPHA17 Thank you for the quick help :) .

Still have few concerns on the motherboard.

1) On Flipkart there is a review which says the DVI port does not support higher screen resolutions then 1920x1200
2) It has only one SATA 6.0Gbps port
3) Does this motherboard work with both onboard and external GPU at the same time?

Finally in your configuration PSU is missing, does this mean I can go with the Corsair TX650V2, right :)

Naye bother mate, always happy to lend a hand.

Yours answers --
  • Must be the iGP limitation and not the DVI ports failing.
  • Not a big deal, add the SSD to this when you purchase it. SATA II are fine for SATA III hard-drives, optical drives. Due to various latency issues even the latest electro-magnetic storage options cannot saturate the full bandwidth of SATA II ports, forget SATA III.
  • No only one at a time can be the primary display source. Either the iGP OR the discrete GPU unit.
Go for a Seasonic S12II 520W / 620W. Even they should power the RIG fine.

P.S. -- Noticed that you are from Hyderabad. Contact member @crossbow for his HD7870 2GB if you have no bias against AMD graphic cards.

ok. Are there any other motherboards that supports both the internal and external gpus working at the same time?
@ALPHA17 I have seen @crossbow sale thread. He mentioned that he is going to sell the complete rig, not in parts :( . May be @crossbow can help me assembling the rig once the purchases are done :)

Thanks @ALPHA17
@krisballa Where are you located in Hyd mate? Assembling part is pretty easy. You will easily be able to get all the info you want from internet. Personally, when I was assembling, I followed Asus's channel on youtube, :lol: to assemble everything on gigabyte MoBo in corsair's cabby. It's not that hard, when you are using all well known components.

Anyways if you get stuck somewhere, let me know.

@crossbow Thanks. :) I stay in Moti Nagar. I'll surely get in touch with you if I face in problem in assembling. Btw do you have any plans in selling parts of your rig

Finally, I have decided in buying the below rig :)

Intel 3.3 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3550
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
RAM - G.Skill RIPJAWS 8GB 1600
Sapphire HD7870 GHz Edition
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
Corsair Carbide 400R
DeLL Ultrasharp U2412M
APC 1100VA-IN

Can you guys suggest where can I buy online with better price?

ITDepot prices are little lesser than Flipkart. Is it safe buying from there?

Finally, I have decided in buying the below rig :)

Kris not to go against your choice but I went through @crossbow's system on sale and I found it the same as yours save the monitor. Why are you spending extra on shipping the components, simply pick the one on offer.

Agreed the cabinet is not the one you are looking for but the Carbide 300R can hold its own pretty well.

Also I suggest not to get components like the cabinet, hard-drive(s) and monitor via shipping they can get damaged in transit and flipkart customers have corroborated on the same. The packaging is real dodgy for such components.

ITDepot prices are little lesser than Flipkart. Is it safe buying from there?

theitdepot is perfectly SAFE, Credible & Reliable than Flipkart (and especially for the heavier components as ALPHA17 has mentioned). I purchased my Asus 660Ti CUII from them (and all the remaining components from online sites - mumbai based).

Talk to ITdepot and see if they can offer you a discount on shipping, as you are from Hyderabad... [Add the items you need into your shopping cart, so that they are able to see immediately what you are interested in...ie. their Customer care]. Or else try to source some of the components from your twon itself.

Cheers
Terry

Remember with itdepot if an item is listed as "Ready for despatch" it means its available, else you need to check with them how many days it would take.

Back