Storage Solutions Need Help please(regarding external hdd and all in one printer)

Straight to point, i want a 1 tb external hdd

It should be very reliable( check my story at the end of post)

i have checked few and here's the list:

Seagate Black Armor 1 TB

Western Digital My Book Studio 1 TB

Seagate FreeAgent Extreme 1TB

Western Digital My Book Elite 1 TB

Iomega 1TB Select Desktop

Seagate Freeagent GoFlex 1 TB

i have esata on my pc so it would be nice to have it, goflex is a good drive but its bit expensive, is it worth it?

any other suggestions?

Another idea: we have wood work going on at our house, i can just raid level 1 two 1tb hdds (internel) put them in a wood box install 3-4 120mm fans(i have 4 spare coolermaster ones), use some convertor(sata to usb maybe), this setup would also cost me about 10k and i don't know how to setup 2 hdds in raid(but i have done with motherboard help) but not independenly.

also need suggetion for a all in one printer:

budget about 15k, it should have wireless lan

need a wireless router to connect 2-3 pc and laptop and the printer,

range should be about 60-70ft, should i use modem+ router or just a modem cum router.

i have a dlink adsl modem.

for about 4k

Here's my tragic story:

my seagate 1tb external hdd fell from bed(due to tripwire(not by me)) and its malfunctioning now it works for few seconds sometimes and sometimes few min, i have been tring to get stuff out of it from it for about 2-3 days(unpluging and pluging again after a min) and the trick only works on windows xp not windows 7 as it gives some i/o error and whenever the hdd stops working it also hangs the laptop and i have to force turn off it(pressing power butten for 10 sec).

i am just about to send it for RMA in about a day or 2.

Meanwhile i was copying stuff in my internal 750Gb hdd(via sata to usb convertor) and my maxtor 500 gb hdd(which has all the movies(about 250Gb) and many other stuff).

i connect my 500gb hdd to the laptop and copy some songs from laptop to hdd, i also have a pendrive attached also to copy stuff from laptop to pendrive, just as when i attach the pendrive the antivirus detects a virus and my 500gb hdd gives some read/write error(a popup came up don't remember what it said) and i connect the 500gb hdd to other laptop and it says that the hdd is unformatted:mad::mad::mad: so i check the hdd with seatools and i leave it for scan for night, it was showing 1 error while scaning, but when i woke up someone had closed the seatool and i couldn't see the report of the scan.

so only option i format the hdd and it shows it clean, so i checked the easeus recovery software and it showed lots of the lost files but i didn't restore them as i fear the other files might be lost after the data is written, so now i want new hdd for recovery and future backup.

it may be the virus or just the hdd(but it didn't show any sighs of dying)

ps: 1tb hdd(dead one) was supposed to be my backup hdd.:(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I have to choose b/w the two of these :
Seagate goflex desk :- good - u can change it to usb 2, usb 3,esata, firewire. Bad - can't find it on online stores and might be bit expensive that xtreme, you have to buy the flex connectors for esata and usb 3 if needed, only 2 year warranty
Seagate xtreme :- good - esata, usb2, firewire, 5 year warrenty Bad :- no usb 3(if i need in future),expensive compared to other 1tb hdd,

Newegg is selling Seagate goflex desk and seagate freeagent both for 99$
but the esata upgrade costs about 20-30$ extra,
i am wondering if we can use the wire on normal internal hdd's
Amazon.com: Seagate FreeAgent STAE103 GoFlex Upgrade Cable - Powered eSATA: Electronics
if it works i am definatly gonna buy 1or2 of those

I have decided to go for seagate xtreme 1tb,

for wlan network, i'll post a thread in network section.

Still looking for a printer( all in one with/without wireless)

Back