Camera Need help to buy a Digital compact Megazoom Camera

Casual Gamer

Disciple
Guys, I am planning to buy a compact mega zoom camera with full manual controls(shutter speed, aperture etc). My main priority will be image quality. I am thinking about some models. Here they are:

1. Canon Powershot SX230 hs.

2. Nikon Coolpix S9100.

3. Panasonic Lumix DSC TZ-30.

4. Nikon Coolpix P100.

Which will be better among these in terms of picture quality? If you have your own model to suggest then tell here. Thnx.

Size may be a bit bigger but i would suggest Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150. Here is a review from dpreview. From your list i would go with Canon Powershot SX230HS. If you want to compare these cameras, go to snapsort and you will get rough idea as to their advantages and shortcomings.

An excerpt from dpreview's review summary:

THE FZ150 is a solid and capable superzoom camera that boasts impressive image quality considering it's 24X optical zoom range. Sharpness is high, aberrations are well-controlled, and its capable optical image stabilization system makes working at its extreme effective focal lengths relatively pain-free.

Bought a S9100 a few days back for a friend. It is a very compact camera with good features and is available very cheap. Got it for 11K from ebay.

Hey guys.. I am also looking out to buy a digicam.

I dont like to tinker around too much and would like to know which camera would provide best image quality on automatic mode?

Budget is 10k.

Look for a canon available around that range.

Actually any camera in that range, and almost every point and shoot digital camera doesn't require much tinkering and have a decent "auto" mode.

My friend suggested Nikon S6200 . How is that .. About 10k ish

It seems like a good camera. I Haven't personally used Nikon cameras. But their results are quite clear. I was quite amazed when i saw the results while someone was buying it the same time i was buying a Canon.

That camera has got good reviews. And Averaged around a rating of 4-5 Stars / 5

I like the optical zoom. It's pretty good for a point and shoot. It has autoshake which is quite handy to avoid blurred images. You'll have to use the flash for best results though.

Back