Need Help to Buy a GAMING Processor

frostic

Disciple
Hi i m building a new gaming rig and want to buy a processor for high resolution + high end graphics games. I m confused between AMD Phenom II X6 and Intel Core i7 processors. My budget is 15k so refer me a good processor that can fulfill the needs for high end games. Thx :)

^^

But as mentioned these so called gains are negligible in the gaming sector only Starcraft II got an impressive 25% boost rest all no more than 10 fps to buy a brand new more expensive platform for an IGP you know you will not use is a great waste of money me says :)

ALPHA17 said:
^^

But as mentioned these so called gains are negligible in the gaming sector only Starcraft II got an impressive 25% boost rest all no more than 10 fps to buy a brand new more expensive platform for an IGP you know you will not use is a great waste of money me says :)
I too think in a similar manner.... :p

But I do know nutters who will want that 10% gain just so they are sure they have something better than most others.... :S

Hence, I leave the choice to the individual buyer... For me, it's an absolute NO - NO!!! :batman:

People going for the Sandy bridge aren't going for its 10% gain but because it's more future proof with its new socket. Of course, with Intel you can't really tell.

Bottomline

If you have any Core i7 at the moment, whether a 860 or 920, anything. You don't need to upgrade. Just OC and stay cool. Upgrade when gaming sees a performance difference of at least 30-40% at the same clock speed.

tifosi said:
People going for the Sandy bridge aren't going for its 10% gain but because it's more future proof with its new socket. Of course, with Intel you can't really tell.

^^

Ironical the Core i5 - story started on this note, and got booted within a year, Intel just have a sales monopoly that is why they get away with this SHIT especially in India where PC = Intel :mad: :bleh:

very true man... pc in india = intel:mad: then i rather spend my money on gpu and keep my 775 intact(BTW the longest running intel chipset still having market share of 60%....whoop)

Back