Audio Need help to Choose IEM for my Mobile (my first post)

Hello everyone, :)

First it's nice to be a part of a cool tech forum like it. was going through different subforums and looks like I am already started learning.

I need some opinion about choosing a IEM for my mobile.

Generally I like to hear psy, trans, deep buss techno, soft rock, country and occasionally pop, hip hop etc. I dont have any amp, as I have researched, hvn't find any specific information about the built in DAC in my mobile (its Motorola Defy). Build quality is important for me, because I have to travel for almost 1.5 hours to reach my college, and you may know about Bus transportation in kolkata :p (in case you don't know.. it sucks :( ). So the build quality is important for me. and budget is around 1.5k INR for me, and it will my first ever IEM, over the stock one.

One more point to add, is that my stock earphone(not ear canal) is not at all loud, I have to set it on highest volume, and still its just a little louder than normal sound. I tried a samsung stock ear canal, and that was little more louder and sounded little better.

For the build quality I ruled over PL-30 and PL-50. and after around a month's research over the net, I came to choose between brainwavz M1 and meelec M6P/M6. An IEM with microphone or at least a button is certainly more welcomed but the most important is SQ.

Now, with coupon, I am getting M1 from Pristine Note ebay store for around 1530/- and M6P is around 1850, M6 is around 1200 I guess. So I need your opinion which one to go for, or any other good IEM you suggest within my budget. Moreover, with the low sound delivered by my phone will it be good. As in XDA, I have seen comments that people getting awesome SQ with Defy + grado/Shure. But, of course those are out of my reach.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No reply :(

Have used brainwavz M1 for around a month and a M6 for 10 minutes wherein brainwavz m1 did not impress me much whereas the m6 seemed very promising in first 10 minutes but each have their own personal preferences , i need atleast some bass which i did not find in m1 to the amount i would like whereas M6 provided little punches and wide soundstage which i liked very much.

Generally mobiles arnt designed for "audiophile" quality,and most arnt.So no matter which IEMs u choose they will sound better with a decent dedicated audio player rather than any mobile.This has already been discussed in the Forum...

yes I need some buss punch for trans and techno and some low bass for country and need it need to be little louder, pristine note told me to go for pro alpha because it would be louder

I would suggest you save up a bit and buy something like the Brainwavez M2. Your 1.5k iem will not even be worth half the price if you decide to sell it after 6months to upgrade to something better. Just my 2 cents :)

touzeen said:
Generally mobiles arnt designed for "audiophile" quality,and most arnt.So no matter which IEMs u choose they will sound better with a decent dedicated audio player rather than any mobile.This has already been discussed in the Forum...

So, there is no way I can get good sound from my mobile? I just bought it, and the stock earphone sucks.. it will need some time to save for a pmp
bennysachdev said:
I would suggest you save up a bit and buy something like the Brainwavez M2. Your 1.5k iem will not even be worth half the price if you decide to sell it after 6months to upgrade to something better. Just my 2 cents :)

I was aiming for that, just got tempted with the pristine note offer for M1 and proalpha.. It will be my first IEM... :D

Thank You :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i read the thread, and it seems like mixed expression. but in present condition, i cant invest on a pmp (else I wd go for n2+m1 bundle) right now. and since defy is an android phone, some softwares like poweramp can tweak some drivers as well as Hwd accelerations to give better SQ (to some extend). My stock earphones sucks bigtime and it doesnt even fit well, so i need to change it ASAP. I ordered MP2 from pristinestone for temporary fix, but I will be needing a better IEM.

or I might save up a bit and go for a PMP+IEM bundle

What to do :confused:

hi bro, i have posted the deal in this forum :p

but could not get the m2, since I dont own any credit card or paypall account, but now I came to know that transaction can be done through visa debit card also, but the deal is over :(

I am using Defy to listen on my ATH Ad900 and it sounds gross to be honest. Low end has too much distortions.

Get a decent PMP like a sansa and a BW M2. Dont waste money. If you want to go for a starter level, get a JVC MMlow or a EP630 and use with Defy. Get a BW M2 and it sounds "OK" with Defy. But yo need a dedicated PMP for that "WOW" effect :)

Back