Graphic Cards Need Help to install graphics card

ankit9009

Recruit
Mar 13, 2013
I bought a used graphics card(Sapphire HD5670 1GB DDR5) under warranty.
Also i got a a used Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P (under warranty) along with a core2duo E8400 and 2x2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Transcend RAM. I bought a Corsair VS550 PSU and tried setting up the system.

It worked fine without the graphics card. But when i connected the graphics card i got no display.
To check if the PCI-E slot is fine i got my cousin's old Palit G8400S 512 MB DDR2 GPU which was also showing no display . I changed the setting in the BIOS and it started working fine. So i tried the 5670 and it also worked. I guessed there was some setting issues, and thought the card and the slot are fine.

After installing the drivers and some basic softwares , I tried installing GTA San Andreas as that was the only DVD i can get hold of . It was taking time so i left the system as it is to finish the installation and went out to give back my cousin's GPU . I came after 15-20 minutes and then checked the system, the monitor has gone into standby mode but when i moved my mouse i got the message that the installation has finished and the screen started flickering. I somehow manage to click the finish button and restart the system. But When the system restarted i got a single short beep from the system but no display(lagg gayi watt).

I thought the cpu must have heated up(as i had a pentium D before which used to get overheated and i used to get these sort of issues) but forgot that i had changed my cpu. So i tried after sometime but the issue was still there. I removed the Graphics card and tried POST and it was working fine. So no issue with the cpu or the PSU .
Only the issue seems to be with Graphics card or the PCI-E slot, now since both of them are in warranty i can get them RMAed but want to know what might be faulty and if i'm missung something in installation or if i have wrongly installed the Graphics card....

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
check all connections on mobo. check if you've connected the atx 12v auxillary power to mobo correctly. reset bios. in vga settings in bios these should be used
Onboard VGA - Enable If No Ext PEG
Init Display First - PEG
Then save and exit cmos.

ankit9009

Recruit
Mar 13, 2013
check all connections on mobo. check if you've connected the atx 12v auxillary power to mobo correctly. reset bios. in vga settings in bios these should be used
Onboard VGA - Enable If No Ext PEG -->Already done that
Init Display First - PEG --> WORKING WHEN ITS PCI but to make sure i have installed the card correctly i'll upload my setup pics later in the eve.
Then save and exit cmos.

About the connections, its working fine when i don't install the graphics card... so i think the connections seem to be fine except the graphics card connection with the mobo(correct me if i'm wrong)

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
i think there's a fault with your gfx card then. if you've fit the card properly it should give display as soon as the system boots. so you will have to rma the card now.
if mobo gives one long beep its graphics card error.