Graphic Cards Need Help To Purchase Graphics Card

pandeypapa

Disciple
I want to purchase a graphics card.My configuration is as follows------

AMD ATHLON X2 4800/GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-MA785GM-US2H/

320 GB WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HDD/ 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz RAM/

450 watt zebronics SMPS/ windows XP service pack 3 32 bits.

I have some quiries------

Can I Use a DDR3 PCIEX 2.0 x16 Card supporting DIRECT X 11.0 ?

Does it will support AMD/ATI cards ?

I am from kolkata.I purchase my products from ganesh chandra avenue.Please anybody

suggest me which shop should I prefer for Sapphire cards ?

Please reply.

I want to purchase a graphics card.My configuration is as follows------

AMD ATHLON X2 4800/GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-MA785GM-US2H/

320 GB WESTERN DIGITAL SATA HDD/ 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz RAM/

450 watt zebronics SMPS/ windows XP service pack 3 32 bits.

Can I Use a DDR3 PCIEX 2.0 x16 Card supporting DIRECT X 11.0 ?

Does it will support AMD/ATI cards ?

Okay first up, the Mods will shift this thread to the appropriate Graphics card section.

Second, what is the purpose of adding a graphics card on this RIG?

Yes you can use a PCIe 2.0, Dx 11 and GDDR 3 / 5 based card on this motherboard. You can AMD OR nVidia card, whichever you prefer and falls in your budget.

You will need to upgrade your SMPS along with the graphics card so that you do not end up damaging your PC components with the Zebronics SMPS.

And finally what is your budget for this entire operation?

My suggestion, get this --

AMD HD 6670 ~5500/-

Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-

Hope this helped, Cheers!!

thanks for your replyALPHA17.

I shall upgrade my system next year.and same to smps.

But for now I shall purchase a graphics card only.It should be less than 4000 preferably around 3000.

I am an moderate gamer and a movie lover.And I also had horrible experiences with my previous two cards which did not work for even 1 year (XFX & ZEBRONICS).

So I do not want to expend more for those things which breaks down within a year or so.

I have couple of choices--ZOTAC(for its extended 5 years warranty / low price /No bad reputions like RASHI ),SAPPHIRE (If I purchase AMD/ATI READON card) ,MSI or HIS.

I always purchased my rigs from VEDANT becuse of their good post sell service.But I dont think they keep those brand options.

Can anybody tell me which shop should I visit for those brands ?Somebody told me about MD COMPUTERS and TIRUPATI ENTERPRISES. What about them ?

Eagerly waiting for reply.

Better get the SMPS now with the graphics card, as a poor SMPS [in this case your current Zebronics 450W] can cause damage to your components [by not providing stable power / unclean DC current with too much ripple -- http://www.aitechsolutions.net/pchwtrblsht.html].

You should go for something like the AMD HD 4670 1GB DDR 3 / 512MB DDR 5 ~3500/- [entry level gaming card, will be able to play most current titles with low details @Dx 10 + 72p resolution] OR

AMD HD 5450 ~2500/- [strictly HTPC card, no scope of playing current titles though older games will run fine @medium settings + 720p]

Along with these graphics cards, you can get this SMPS, Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/- [basic entry level SMPS, 80+ certified] OR

Seasonic S12II 430W ~3100/- [future proof, 80+ Bronze certified, can be used in your new RIG which you plan to get later].

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

I hope you know that with such low end cards you can't play 2011 games even at minimum settings comfortably. You can play games of 2006-2010 at varied settings though.

Thanks for everybodys support.

But due to some unwanted situations I have to postpone my next gpu purchase.Actually speaking my system had totally gone down yesterday.

My machine was performing slower than the usual for last 6 months.If I want to copy/paste or cut/paste some files, it does but it superimposes over the existing files of the destination folder.I have to rectify it repeatedly by "arrange icons by name".I repeatedly formated my harddisc,but it did not solved.

I always prefer all my downloads in a same destination folder.Previously it was ok.But for now it can not remember my preferences everytime.Everytime I have to select the folder in which the contents to be downloaded.

Last week while playing a game suddenly a pop up window appeared showing your processor running at 1 GHz,while it should run at speed of 2.5 GHz .

I also checked with easy tune 6.It also showed the same speed-----1 GHz.

So sorry friends I can not purchase my next rig now.I need to accumulate some more money for my next upgradation.It should be around 40k to 45k.It will be early next year.

My desired rig------

AMD PHENOM 2 1090 T

MSI/GIGABYTE board around 5k to 6k.

CORSAIR 4 GB DDR3 RAM

WESTERN DIDITAL CAVIAR BLACK HDD

SATA DVD WRITER

SEASONIC/CORSAIR SMPS ABOVE 500 WATT

SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD AROUND 6K

Prey to god that I can fight and reach my goals before 2013 february/march.Then only I can make my wish.

And again sorry to everybody for your time-waste.

Back