CPU/Mobo Need help to RMA

bionics

Disciple
Hi guys,
I'm facing a very bad problem right now. My PC had been showing booting troubles for quiet some days and when I contacted my dealer, what he told was that the problem was with the motherboard. Mine is an XFX 650i Ultra bought 8 to 9 months back. So I asked him to get it RMA'ed. He took it to Rashi(from where he picked the board) and after one week ie yesterday I was informed that the board is out of stock and hence cant be replaced. It seems it is not available in any of the Rashi outlets throughout India. What will I do now? Please help.

OMG ! ...may the force be with u !...trust me , get a standby board like the gf7050 for 2.1k -or- a new board of ur choice....Rashi RMA is deadly and everlasting......go thru the rashi horrid stories out here and u will head right out to get a new board......

was at Prime ABGB in lamington the other day.

Meenal was telling me that Rashi's RMA has improved by leaps and bounds of late.

coming to the OP.. you can ask your dealer to issue you a credit note in your name (a credit note is basically an option to buy new stuff for a slighlty lower amount than what you spent on your board in the first place.. something in the range of 70-80% of the original cost.)

sTALKEr said:
was at Prime ABGB in lamington the other day.

coming to the OP.. you can ask your dealer to issue you a credit note in your name (a credit note is basically an option to buy new stuff for a slighlty lower amount than what you spent on your board in the first place.. something in the range of 70-80% of the original cost.)

ya..he was also suggesting for the same. He gave me to 2 options. Either get a credit note of Rs4400 or take another board from Asus(P5N something but not the P5N E SLI) at no extra cost. What would I do? I was insisting for the 650i chipset. The only boards for Rs 4400 are the intel ones. What do u think?

bionics said:
The only boards for Rs 4400 are the intel ones. What do u think?

I had a problem with a dead ABIT IP35-E and I took a Intel DP35DP board as a replacement. The board is very stable but leave alone overclocking it refuses to run my CPU and ram at stock speeds, most of the time it insists on throttling the e7200 CPU speed from stock speed of 2533mhz down to 1600mhz. And it does not run my GSkill 4-4-3-5 ram timings faster then 5-5-5-15. :(

I have now managed to get my CPU to run at stock speed with RM CPU Clock Utility.

same issue with my XFX 650i ultra.. it went out of stock and the shopkeeper gave me 2500 bucks as credit, i bought an ABit ip35-e .. the 650i ultras are known to have such problems.. well i think you should follow what stalker and bionics have mentioned.. best way out i say :)

So please advise me a good board within 5k which gives decent performance and OC capability. And should be RMA'able if it gets faulty. How is the Abit IP35E?

i felt the ABit RMA services is just about excellent.. they gave me a period of 10 days and 10 days it was !.. if you are planning to upgrade in the future then you should go for an inexpensive mobo like the ABit I-N73HD GeForce 7100/nForce 630i 1333 FSB .. it sits under 5k and works good with C2D's .. IP35 no doubt the best among P35 chipsets.. but it has its own set of flaws..
just my 2 cents :p

bionics said:
So please advise me a good board within 5k which gives decent performance and OC capability. And should be RMA'able if it gets faulty. How is the Abit IP35E?

Great board in that price range :)

If you want something slightly cheaper buy Biostar TP35D2-A7

I'm from Kochi. So is there any dealer for Abit in Kochi? The other option for me is to get it from TE through Amarbir. What do you guys say? How is it dealing with him?

bionics said:
So is there any dealer for Abit in Kochi?

I think Abit is imported by Tirupati, can someone confirm this please. Their Cochin contact number.....

Attachments

• ABIT.JPG
    ABIT.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 66
^ you are rite. it is imported by tirupati..
there is this shop in aluva that goes by the name "camry systems". they quoted 6k for the abit board... want their contact number?

rashi serive suxx i had to wait a month.........calld em numerous times....but last mein got a new board as a replacement for my ASUS A8N-E:D

Even i called up Tirupathi at Kochi and they quoted 6.5k for the Abit IP35 E. So thinking about getting it either from Amarbir or from Itwares.

I have to RMA my MSI Neo-F... How does the replacement..? As in the place where i bought or they have some authorised centres ?

chekc you boards import sticker.. if the distry is tirupati, get in touch with them.

imo this would work out faster rather than going through your dealer.

Back