NEED HELP: where can i get all PC versions of Metal Gear Solid

Shahbaz Choudhary

Upgraded User
Disciple
Hiii.
I've heard a lot of good reviews lately about the metal gear solid series. I want to play all the PC versions available. Where can i get all the previous versions of the game? Are there any DVDs available in market or some place where i could download from? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Afaik MGS V & MGS Revengence is only available on pc.. One more MGS ground zero is there but don't buy that its like 45mins game top. That's what i came to know from ign reviews. But yes i have played the 1st two & they are pretty good. You can always buy them from steam. The other previous version like MGS patriot etc are only available in PS.
If u want to buy for pc and from steam just wait a few more days. Steam sale is starting last week of June. There will be an insane price drop.. Like always.

No it is exclusive to PS3. You can play almost every game barring 4 via a PC if your rig is decent enough to run a PS2 emulator. The others were on PSX, PSP and PC.

Metal Gear Solid released on PC in 2000. I don't think there is anyway to buy it legally nowadays, you will have to download it. 2,3 and 4 released on Playstations. You might be able to play 2 and 3 on PS2 emulators like the PCSX2. For 4 you need a PS3, no emulators yet. Phantom Pain you can buy on Steam.

MGS 1 and 2 were released on the PC. They arent being sold anywhere though, you can find them in the usual places for free though.

MGS 3 doesnt have a PC version. If you have a good PC then you can run it on the PS2 emulator. It works pretty nicely last I checked.

MGS 4 was a PS3 exclusive. So no way to get that. Its the worst of the series so you could probably just youtube it, you arent gonna miss much.

MGS 4 was a PS3 exclusive. So no way to get that. Its the worst of the series so you could probably just youtube it, you arent gonna miss much.
Dude it is anything but not worst of the series. please speak for yourself. The hours of long cut scenes may bother some people but the gameplay is fun.

Last edited:
Yes, it was one of the few games which got the Gamespot 10/10 back then, when Gamespot used to be good and they didn't give away 9s and 10s like candy. Used to be a system seller for PS3.

Back