Need help with buying monitor and arm

fonderupp

Recruit
Primary use: coding, movies, I don't game per se but thinking of getting the F1 game, though by my little knowledge I don't think it requires a lot of high end resolution.
Primary laptop: Macbook M3. Also an HP Pavilion laptop but rarely used.
The monitors I have shortlisted till now:
haven't really looked at monitor arms yet
My requirements while I was searching:
- need QHD or above because FHD does not look good with Macbook (tried it out in person with various models, so this is a non-negotiable factor)
- 24in because my table is a bit small to accommodate 2 laptops and a monitor, but this is not a hard requirement
- need monitor arm because most probably I will arrange the monitor above my laptop, and the inbuilt height adjustment isn't enough

Please help with me reviews of the above if you/someone you know have used, and also alternatives if you know of something better in similar price range (monitor and arm combined should be <= 20k)

Primary use: coding, movies, I don't game per se but thinking of getting the F1 game, though by my little knowledge I don't think it requires a lot of high end resolution.
Primary laptop: Macbook M3. Also an HP Pavilion laptop but rarely used.
The monitors I have shortlisted till now:
haven't really looked at monitor arms yet
My requirements while I was searching:
- need QHD or above because FHD does not look good with Macbook (tried it out in person with various models, so this is a non-negotiable factor)
- 24in because my table is a bit small to accommodate 2 laptops and a monitor, but this is not a hard requirement
- need monitor arm because most probably I will arrange the monitor above my laptop, and the inbuilt height adjustment isn't enough

Please help with me reviews of the above if you/someone you know have used, and also alternatives if you know of something better in similar price range (monitor and arm combined should be <= 20k)
Just buy one from Rife India Build quality is like tank based on monitor. I am using one for my 32 inch monitor and its really good. also have another one for 27 inch monitor from some other brand. not up to the mark but its some what ok for a 27 inch monitor.

Just buy one from Rife India Build quality is like tank based on monitor. I am using one for my 32 inch monitor and its really good. also have another one for 27 inch monitor from some other brand. not up to the mark but its some what ok for a 27 inch monitor.
thanks. this suggestion is for monitor arm I believe?

Last edited:
thanks. this suggestion is for monitor arm I believe?
yes. for monitors their are way to many options available. and I might not be right guy to suggest it. 2k 24inch is not possible has much i know. at least 27 inch required for 2k. also USB C for macbook connection if not mandatory then you might have to go for connector or docker for the same. 1k to 2k for connector works good on macbook and normal HDMI version monitor so this might help in not limiting on monitor range. I prefer LG for gaming monitor. BenQ for other has it will give you usb c connection has well.

yes. for monitors their are way to many options available. and I might not be right guy to suggest it. 2k 24inch is not possible has much i know. at least 27 inch required for 2k. also USB C for macbook connection if not mandatory then you might have to go for connector or docker for the same. 1k to 2k for connector works good on macbook and normal HDMI version monitor so this might help in not limiting on monitor range. I prefer LG for gaming monitor. BenQ for other has it will give you usb c connection has well.
thanks. fortunately my macbook has hdmi port so I don't have to worry about dock/connector.
2k 24inch is not possible
i found 4 options in total with this config, the first link I've attached is the one I liked. i would ofc prefer a 27in one but I don't know if my table will be able to accommodate it. the 2nd option (MSI) is actually present in my office and pretty good hence shortlisted it.
thanks for your time

Back