PC Peripherals Need help with choosing 92mm fan for Thermalright Ultra 90

biosbhai

Disciple
Hey all,

I and my friend have decided to go for the ThermalRight Ultra 90 HS, because of low cost, and also better performance compared to Intel Stock Cooler.

We need help in deciding the 92 mm fan which has to be used with HS (and bought separately).

We would prefer 92mm LED fans, but there are no options in the websites of PrimeABGB, ItWares or ITdepot.

Current options (non LED 92mm)

Panaflo Medium FBA09A12M1BX - 92mm - 700 Rs from the ITWares

OR

Scythe Case Fan 3610KL-04W-B29-F51

The panaflow has better specs compared to the scythe, and costs a wee bit lesser too, but I am still somewhat confused.

Also, both these fans are not LED fans, and if there were LED options, we would prefer the same.

Can someone help us find the elusive 92mm LED fan? :)

PS: I am also looking at the artic cooling freezer 7 pro which i saw in one of KMD's threads. Might purchase the same if available (if it can be installed without removing the motherboard). :)

OCing- nothing less than an Ultima90 please and works good enough with any 92/120mm fan. :p
Not OCing- Ultra90 gave an instant 8-10C drop in load temps on a Q6600 G0 at stock- the freezer 7 pro should also behave similarly and comes with a 92mm pwm-controlled fan in the same price. :)

The Panaflo M1BX/H1BX pwn most 92mm fans wrt cfm vs noise. :)
But 700/- is a bit too much though i have paid tehsame ormaybe more earlier. :p
KMD might have it for less or a certain Don Juan was selling M1BX for only 400/- shipped. :drool2:

You may also search the bylanes of Lammy for new/refurbs that sell for cheap- ball-bearing 92mms from delta, NMB, Papst and the likes.
Test them at the counter for cfm, db and any weird motor noise.
Mostly come barewire and 2 wuired but try for 3 wire ones.
Should not be more than 100 bucks imho though these should be costing not more than 10-20 bucks via some scrap dealer.

Thanks for the replies! :)

So now its the freezer 7 pro from KMD, or the Ultra 90 + Panaflo (because i dont wanna remove the mobo for install).

Vantec Tornado 92x38 :devil2: Man, my all time fav fan :D

Seriously speaking, a decent panaflo should do the trick.

Back