Storage Solutions Need help with Corsair RMA

phunguus

Disciple
Hi,
Background -So i asked my aunt to get a Force GT SATA 3 60GB SSD from the US in Jan 2012. She came here and I started using it from Feb 2012. It ran well for the entire last year. But since new year's, it started to slow down and after 1 year of usage it finally stopped responding altogether in early Feb 2013(last month).

Foreground- So now i need to submit it for RMA. I checked with Kaizen, they said they don't do global warranty. For that, i would need to ship it to Taiwan. I read up the corsair web site and the apparent procedure is that i first fill up a form, then they will generate a label which i should stick it on the shipping package and send it to Taiwan.

Question - What i want to ask is has anyone done this before? Is there anything that i should or should not do? This is my first SSD, first international product, first RMA and would be my first international shipping. Any help will be appreciated.
Also, is there any warranty check utility(like the one WD provides) where i can check if the product is within warranty?

PS- Although this shouldn't be an issue, i don't have the bill of sale with me. My aunt is looking for it in the US as i write.

Thanks,
Gautam

Ok so i thought about what @Arjun suggested and finally decided to go ahead with it. So on 20/3 i called Kaizen mumbai and told them that i have a 1.5 y.o. SSD that needs to be RMA'd but my work schedule isnt allowing me to drop it at your office personally. So is it okay if i courier it to you. They agreed and i shipped it on 22/3 using Aramex. I called them on 26/3 to confirm if they got the package. They confirmed the receipt, gave me an RMA# and told me that the entire process wil take 2 weeks.

I called them on 11/4 but they said it was still in process and it is expected soon.

So i waited 1 more week and again called them on 18/4. By then, the replacement drive had already arrived(the date on the RMA receipt says 13/4) and they were probably waiting for me to personally collect it. I asked them if it's possible for them to ship it back to the same address. If not, ill try and collect it on coming Sat. They said they'll ship it before they close for the day and ill get it next day morning.

Sure enough, i got in on 19/4(ie yesterday) at 12pm. Funnily enough i dont remember the courier service. Most probably it was dtdc (could have been blue dart too, not sure). The package was a standard 8"x 6" x 3" card box (which i later found that it was a D Link router box used inside out :artist:)well sealed with a tape that had their name on it (Kaizen). I opened the package and found a bubble wrapped and nicely taped packet of a brand new replacement drive. They also sent a copy of CompuTimes dated 15/4.

But the imp thing is ...good service, 100% trustworthy in my opinion, no recertified BS. A new drive (same color, same model , same capacity, hardly a month old), along with other standard OOTB accessories like 3.5" adapter plate with two sets of screws. Have to say quite impressed with Kaizen. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, Kaizen & Corsair are real ace in their ASS.:cool:
& Yes,congrats on getting a new drive back...you got lucky & we all need a party!:D :finger:

Back