CPU/Mobo Need help with CPU+MoBo combo...

prathapr

Disciple
Hii All..

Me planning to upgrade my comp. please suggest some good i7 2nd gen CPU and a good mobo..

PS: i game a lot BUT, NO overclocking of any sort.

Thank You.

sorry for replying late..

budget is not clear.. but i want good mobo+cpu which i can use for 3-4years.. not tooo hi-fi mobo... yes i will be buying a graphics card..thinking GTX560Ti or 570..

Thank You.

^If you only need to game a core i7 makes no sense and considering that you never want to overclock i recommend a h67 board.

Intel Core i5 2500 - INR 10400

Intel DH67BL(B3) - INR 5100

prathapr said:
sorry for replying late..

budget is not clear.. but i want good mobo+cpu which i can use for 3-4years.. not tooo hi-fi mobo... yes i will be buying a graphics card..thinking GTX560Ti or 570..

Thank You.

As you are going to game and will not be over-clocking but still need good performance, here is what I'll suggest Sire --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~ 10500/-

ASUS P8H67-M EVO ~ 7500/- ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8H67-M EVO

Corsair XMS3 4GB x 2 1600MHz ~ 3200/-

nVidia GTX 560 Ti OR AMD HD 6950 1GB ~ 13500/-

Corsair TX V2 650W OR Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 ~ 6500/-

The Intel Sandy-Bridge set-up should last you atleast for 2 years in good stead after which time and age will take a toll, but it'll still give you great performance for most applications even then. As for the graphics card if you are patient and can extend your budget a little try to accommodate the much anticipated AMD HD 7*** series line-up in your build, they are expected to hit Indian shores ~ mid-October and in force by mid-November they come in a brand new fabrication method [28nm] with heavily modified VLIW architecture [VLIW 4] as well as much better thermals and power stats -- AnandTech - 28nm Radeon Chips This Year? AMD Says Yes / AnandTech - AMD's Graphics Core Next Preview: AMD's New GPU, Architected For Compute, to keep track of the latest news related to HD 7*** series card's refer to this thread -- http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/amd-hd7xxx-discussion-thread-193147-4.html#post1918590

The nVidia GTX 570 is taken out of the race as the AMD HD 6950 1GB offers much better price / performance and consumes lesser power on the whole, suffice to say a much better deal than the power-hog architecture that nVidia endorses currently -- AnandTech - Bench - GPU11.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!!

@nuke'em and Alpha17: thank you very much for your replies...

currently i have: Intel Core2Quad 9450;ATi 4870 and Corsair TX650...

i have also used ATi4850 on the same config before 4870. i am not very happy with ATi as it always use to have some or the other problem with one or the other game i played. so thought of going Nvidia way this time..

The mobo ASUS P8H67-M EVO has a 2nd PCI-Ex slot which i dont need.. i will simply end up paying for it. can you please suggest some other models?

Thank You.

Also if you are going to get an i5 2500, just spend a couple of hundred bucks more and get the K version. If at any time you need to use the IGP, the 3000 will be much better than the 2000 version on non-K SKU.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, better resale value. Plus these will be the better binned SKU's.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

As of now, the difference is a meager 350 bucks.

Back