Need help with my 5800

ajex

Adept
It happned while i was listening music through the nokia default music player ... the player suddenly crashed and the phone became unresponsive ..i waited a few minutes and then killed the music player app using handy taskman .... eversince the music player app is not working :( .. when i click its shortcut the screen gives a little flicker and nothing happens ... i did the cold reset with *#7780# ... no help ..then i did the hard reset with *#7370# and still no luck ... the only way i can listen to music now is with the ringtone selection scroll :( ... should i update my firmware ... will that help? .. iam on the default v11 blue firmware right now ... any help will be great :)

Regards,
Ajex

Take it to the Nokia Care centre. better you get the phone upgraded there. Would not recommend you try anything lest they say you messed it up.

Just take it to NC and tell them the issue. Also ask them to upgrade to v20.. But it is very likely that they will do the upgrade to see whether it will fix it..

As a side note, it seems that the 5800 is a very unstable platform now and if we install thirdparty ones , they will cause trouble with the phone.

yeah .. no issues with rest of the apps ... any last thing if want me to try before going to NCC .. coz rest is working fine .. just this music player is not loading

^^ OMG ... YEss!!! ... it works after removing the mem card :D ... thanksssssss :) ... repped!! .. now it seems that i'll have to delete a few songs .. thanks again everyone

haha i'm glad that worked. it sorta happened to me too, so i had to delete all songs and worked again. i ofcourse, lost all the preloaded songs in the process... but its a small price to pay.

and dude, update your phone to v20! its far better than the old version!

yeah i was actually searching through the forum for that .. i recall that someone posted a mini guide for the upgrade ... if u have it bookmarked then it'll be really great if u can post the link here :)

hmmm i dunno about any of those guides. but its a very very simple process.

first, backup all your device memory stuff, go to file manager>backup>options>backupNOW.

then connect via usb, use the NokiaSoftwareUpdater application (must be in the cd) to update. it will take a while to download the update, but it should be done. then you can restore your files and stuff in the file manager RESTORE option.

I am sorry if I have offended any Nokia 5800 Fans:eek:hyeah:

As far as now, I had a bad experience with my 5800.... but it seems that all others are having a good time... I hope that the wind will turn in my favor.

I did install some apps and still have it in my phone.

Marble Maze - this is my favorite.. good response nd good one to show off the phone to others.

Touchcard match

Fring

Google maps

PDFlite- good but only trial available

It seems that the Fring application is making some trouble, by using up all memory. Also most of my programs are not going to the background mode(they are getting killed). Anyone facing the same...?

Is the response of the phone good enough for everyone? It seems that my friend's COWON is having better response than 5800. Any way to improve?

I am a whining child... Please take these quotes in a lite manner:peace:

PhOeNiX said:
Lol. Why the generalization ? No problem faced yet. Have installed roughly7-10 apps. No issues.

mathew_p_a said:
Just take it to NC and tell them the issue. Also ask them to upgrade to v20.. But it is very likely that they will do the upgrade to see whether it will fix it..

As a side note, it seems that the 5800 is a very unstable platform now and if we install thirdparty ones , they will cause trouble with the phone.

if i install like 10 apps, no probs..

if i install 20 like apps, i get either home screen shortcuts vanishing or the top tabs (example: in sms, the tabs of inbox, outbox, draft doesnt shift whenever i click) gets disabled...

Yes its highly unstable phone if u install 20+ apps :mad:waiting for new stable firmware or i wish this platform supports windows mobile and hacks to run WM on it :ashamed:

Back