Audio Need help with my SFlo2/Teclast T51

nizarp

Disciple
Hi All,

I have a problem with my SFlo2/Teclast T51 player and I would really appreciate if you guys can tell me some place where I can get it repaired or at least give it a try.

This player was the most disappointing purchase I have ever made. I have ordered the SFlo2 from Lynx-india on Jan 2010 by paying approx 1000/- extra compared to MP4Nation in an assumption that I will get a local warranty. After I made my order he told me that he does not have it in stock and even MP4Nation is out of stock, so he will source it from some other place and send it which will only take 1-2 weeks.So I agreed to that. Then after 2 long months, I received this player called Teclast T51(not Nationite SFlo2) on Mar 2010.

It was working perfect for about 6 months and then the battery started to drain quickly, so my usage also became very less. By Dec 2010 it had became almost non-usable and I contacted the Amarbhir regarding this issue. He said since he got the product from a not so popular source, he can not claim guarantee and he will try to fix the issue by himself. He was not even ready to disclose the source of purchase, he said he can not reveal his sources. So I had no other way but to send it back to him. After that there was no response from him regarding the player and whenever I called him he said he was busy and he will check the player very soon. Now after 6 months and thousands of phone calls, he told me that the product hardware is very complex and he can not fix it. He has sent it back to me and I received it today. The most disappointing part is that I have spent almost the same amount of money as of the Player by making phone calls to him with no results.

Now I have no idea what to do with the player and I don't think any of the local electronics repair shops will be able to service it. I still feel that the issue is very simple and it is with the battery of the player. Because if I charge the player fully, it works perfectly for about 5-10 mins and then it will show "No Power" warning and shuts off.

Guys please advice if there is anything that I can do with this.

Thanks for reading.

Contact raz at MP4Nation and ask if he could repair it. He will take some cash, but you'll have to pay if you want your S:Flo to work.

Next time, never buy from lynx

sid1712 said:
Contact raz at MP4Nation and ask if he could repair it. He will take some cash, but you'll have to pay if you want your S:Flo to work.

I have already contacted MP4Nation through email, but they replied telling that since it is not brought from them and also the product itself is not a Nationite branded (it is Teclast branded), they will not repair it. Thanks for the advice though.

That is for sure. I will never buy again from Lynx and will never recommend it to anybody.

How much worse can it get?

If all you got was a Teclast T51, you yourself could have got it off eBay or sites like ownta. In the time you waited to get a player, you could have ordered, waited and got a S:Flo2 from MP4Nation itself. You at least would have a support E-mail ID to send your complaints to. All this - if he had told up front that "there's no stock" or that "there'll be no local warranty". Without giving any options and keeping you in the dark is just plain wrong in the first place.

Did he by any chance tell you that buying from "another place" would not get you warranty?

To top it off, 6 months of complete inaction on his part is simply unforgivable.

Not that Teclast T51 / S:Flo2 is a stellar device. The thread you posted this a few days back on head-fi is proof of that. But, it's one thing to take a risk knowingly and another thing altogether to be forced into it.

esanthosh said:
How much worse can it get?

If all you got was a Teclast T51, you yourself could have got it off eBay or sites like ownta. In the time you waited to get a player, you could have ordered, waited and got a S:Flo2 from MP4Nation itself. You at least would have a support E-mail ID to send your complaints to. All this - if he had told up front that "there's no stock" or that "there'll be no local warranty". Without giving any options and keeping you in the dark is just plain wrong in the first place.

Did he by any chance tell you that buying from "another place" would not get you warranty?

To top it off, 6 months of complete inaction on his part is simply unforgivable.

Not that Teclast T51 / S:Flo2 is a stellar device. The thread you posted this a few days back on head-fi is proof of that. But, it's one thing to take a risk knowingly and another thing altogether to be forced into it.

Before ordering I asked him about the availability and warranty, that time he clearly told me that it is in stock and it carries 1 year local warranty. But later he told me that he didn't get the stock as expected due to some delay from MP4Nation, but he will be able to source the same player from another source, so I didn't ask him about the warranty. I wouldn't have brought the player if I had known that it will not carry a warranty.

As you said, it is an excellent product. Today I could hear just one song after charging it for hours using my GR07. Oh man, it was simply awesome..!!!

Nah! I actually meant that it was NOT a stellar device by way of build quality :p (and I was referring to the 3 Players dead thread in head-fi where you posted this issue before getting back the same useless player after 6 months). Sound quality though is a different issue.

Got a mail from esantosh, drawing my attention to this thread. We am not sure what to do here but these are your option. MP4 Nation has stopped selling SFLO:2 as they have launched the N2. We have had confirmed our orders for the SFLO:2 however it is most unlikely we will ever get the SFLO:2. So the chances are we will never get any spares for the Sflo:2

Meanwhile, kindly ask the seller, to change the product. If he cannot source it, to give you credit back for the amount you paid for the player. Or whatever arrangement you may have it with him. If you do manage to get credit, buy what you need and not what seller has to offer.

We have a SFLO2 in stock which was personally given to me by the Owner (name withheld) of MP4 Nation for auditioning it in Hong Kong. It had one basic problem though, the product has some pull marks on them. Other than that the product is more or less in mint condition. I do not listen to SFLO2 much (I am more comfortable with the Fuze+), it was in any case for our customers to demo the product. Now that MP4 Nation has stopped keeping it, I guess lets put it for some charitable use. I am sure MP4nation would not mind it.

You could keep our Demo SFLO:2 and ship us the defective T51 back. If you feel obliged to pay for the product. Please do a charity, give some donation (that you feel appropriate for the product) to a needy charitable group, which is fighting for some good cause. You all may decide which organisation. In any case we do not charge for something that we have not paid for.

You only need to send us the shipping cost. I am sorry to hear about your T-51, but this is all we can do for the moment. Hope you enjoy your Grados.

@pristinenote

You fking rock man. Keeps our trust and belief in this forums and its dealers (barring obvious few). I would always buy my next audio stuff (not a frequent buyer but still) from you only even if the OTHER dealer is selling at half the price.

@OP
What you have got is the original teclast T51 and yes to say you were probably ripped off because first Nationite when selling under their brand name increases the price by almost double(to original chinese price, but they also make sure that best of china products reach to the world). In your case probably the dealer's some local contact must be sending some shipment from China and would have told the chinese guy to buy off taobao, newegg china etc. That is the so called SECRET SOURCE and yes the price that he may have got is *sorry to say* probably less than half of what you have paid.

One more thing you can do is to the head to the Teclast MP4nation forums and ask for help. The mods, admin and people there are very very helpful IMO.
here is link -> MP4 Nation Forums • View forum - Teclast Media Player & Tablet Talk

Thanks for all who posted here.

esanthosh said:
Nah! I actually meant that it was NOT a stellar device by way of build quality :p (and I was referring to the 3 Players dead thread in head-fi where you posted this issue before getting back the same useless player after 6 months). Sound quality though is a different issue.
I didn't get it at first. Yes, there are many head-fi members with somewhat similar experience with the Player.

PristineNote said:
Got a mail from esantosh, drawing my attention to this thread. We am not sure what to do here but these are your option. MP4 Nation has stopped selling SFLO:2 as they have launched the N2. We have had confirmed our orders for the SFLO:2 however it is most unlikely they will ever get the SFLO:2. So the chances are we will never get any spares for the Sflo:2

Meanwhile, kindly ask the seller, to change the product. If he cannot source it, to give you credit back for the amount you paid for the player. Or whatever arrangement you may have it with him.

We have a SFLO2 in stock which was personally given to me by the Owner (name withheld) of MP4 Nation for auditioning it in Hong Kong. It had one basic problem though, the product has some pull marks on them. Other than that the product is more or less in mint condition. I do not listen to SFLO2 much (I am more comfortable with the Fuze+), it was in any case for our customers to demo the product. Now that MP4 Nation has stopped keeping it, I guess lets put it for some charitable use. I am sure MP4nation would not mind it.

You could keep our Demo SFLO:2 and ship us the defective T51 back. If you feel obliged to pay for the product. Please do a charity, give some donation (that you feel appropriate for the product) to a needy charitable group, which is fighting for some good cause. You all may decide which organisation. In any case we do not charge for something that we have not paid for.

You only need to send us the shipping cost. I am sorry to hear about your T-51, but this is all we can do for the moment.
I really appreciate your help sir. It is people like you who makes this forum a great success and makes us proud to be a member of this community. This is not the first time PristineNote has offered his help to me. When I had an issue with my Brainwavz M3, he offered his help to get it RMAd even though it was not brought from him and without me asking for it. And I am sure many other members will also have similar experiences with him.

I would really like to accept your offer and I will be more than happy to donate some amount to a needy charitable group. But as you suggested, I will try to contact Amarbhir first and see what he can do about this. I will update here about it after I talk to him.

PristineNote said:
Hope you enjoy your Grados.

I have Visonic GR07 (not Grado) and I am really enjoying it. :)

raksrules said:
One more thing you can do is to the head to the Teclast MP4nation forums and ask for help. The mods, admin and people there are very very helpful IMO.
here is link -> MP4 Nation Forums • View forum - Teclast Media Player & Tablet Talk
I will try posting the details of the issue in the MP4Nation forum as well. Lets see if they can be of some help.

: OT :

@pristinenote.

If u ever keep some IEMs under 1000 bucks, i will definitely buy one from you. Just for buying something from you. not kidding.

Nice to show some goodwill and gather some new prospective buyers. :D

@Nizrap: Sure, take your time. In case you need to ship your product you can find our address at pristinenote.com >> Contact Us. Faheem might be visiting us today, you may ask him to check the condition of the player.

m-jeri said:
@pristinenote.

If u ever keep some IEMs under 1000 bucks, i will definitely buy one from you. Just for buying something from you. not kidding.

Nice to show some goodwill and gather some new prospective buyers. :D

Thank you for your offer. Please do not buy anything if you do not need it. Its normal to help, I am sure we all will do it, in any case the player is lying unused at our end. Thank esanthosh! the fact is, he has tried to help TE member by writing to us.

That is really great on your part PristineNote. :)

Really impressed by the help you provided and it sure does speak volumes about your service in a way.

Its really nice to see such a helpful dealer even when its not about his products.

PristineNote said:
@Nizrap: Sure, take your time. In case you need to ship your product you can find our address at pristinenote.com >> Contact Us. Faheem might be visiting us today, you may ask him to check the condition of the player.
Thank you for your offer. Please do not buy anything if you do not need it. Its normal to help, I am sure we all will do it, in any case the player is lying unused at our end. Thank esanthosh! the fact is, he has tried to help TE member by writing to us.
Thanks a lot PristineNote. I will take the address from your site.

I would like to thank esanthosh as well for bringing this post to your notice. Not only for this, he has become an asset for the community with his immense knowledge and willingness to help other members. I just completed reading his Monster Turbine review, his second IEM review in this same week.

My role is very small in the whole scenario. All I had to do was to send an E-mail, because I know Gautam would go out of his way to help if he can.

Complete OT - nizarp! I would only count the MT review for this week. GR07 review is a little labored as it has been in preparation for a long time. I had to go through all IEMs thrice before putting up that review part by part, whereas MT was more of a casual review. I got 4 more planned reviews in various stages staring at me :(

esanthosh said:
My role is very small in the whole scenario. All I had to do was to send an E-mail, because I know Gautam would go out of his way to help if he can.

Complete OT - nizarp! I would only count the MT review for this week. GR07 review is a little labored as it has been in preparation for a long time. I had to go through all IEMs thrice before putting up that review part by part, whereas MT was more of a casual review. I got 4 more planned reviews in various stages staring at me :(
Wow, four more planned reviews! I hope you might break the 176 reviews record of Joker one day :p

Back