Need help with nopCommerce using Microsoft Webmatrix

Nikunj

Disciple
Guys Im a complete newbie at all this and am trying to build a E commerce website, Im stuck at the following step truing to install nopCommerce.What is the correct data I should be entering here? Any help will be much appreciated.TIA:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your SQL Server name or IP address is given to you by your web host. For example, if using Cytanium WebMatrix web hosting, your SQL Server name will be webmatrix01.cytanium.com. Your SQL Server account will be your user name and password credentials.

You will then be prompted to create a new database or use an existing database. If you already have an empty database created on your SQL Server add the database name. Else, create a new database.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

its basically your database address at your web hosting server.

check below link for detailed instructions,..

Setting Up your NopCommerce website using WebMatrix

I tried entering the data, but I am getting the following error- A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

if you are making website for your learning .... you can download oracle datadase or microsoft SQL server and install it on your PC and create a loacl database as localhost.

then your address will be localhost/the name of the database you choose with port.

and username and password will be the one you use to create database on oracle database or MS sql server.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Nikunj said:
I tried entering the data, but I am getting the following error- A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

which hosting service are u using?

Back