Budget 51-70k Need help with this gaming/editing/vfx rig

aman_is_here

Disciple
Actually I have pretty much decided the rig and going to pull the plug this weekend. :D
All thanks to Alpha17 :)

I'm just listing the config here to have other people's opinions and suggestions. I have a few specific queries too and since Alpha17 is a bit busy this week I guess this brilliant community would help me.

• Budget:
65k or less. Money saved is money earned.
  • Existing hardware setup:
You don't wanna know blimey
  • Components from the existing setup that you intend to keep:
Monitor, Keyboard, mouse speakers. Just need to buy the darn CPU.
  • Components that you have in mind for your new PC:

Here-

Processor- i7 3770

Motherboard- Gigabyte B75 D3H (Does this motherboard support 1600mhz ram? A shopkeeper at lamington told me it doesnt and that it'll slow down my processor and gpu and hold them back to perform at its best...is it true?)

(If you guys suggest an OC config then how's i7 3770k+AsRock Z77 pro 3?)

Ram- Gskill Ripjaws 8x2 1600 mhz

Hdd- seagate baracuda 1tb 7200 rpm

Cabinet- Corsair Carbide 400r

Power supply- Corsair tx v2 650W (will i need a bigger power supply if i go with i7 3770k+AsRock Z77 pro 3 mobo and overclock?)

DVDW- Asus/Hp

Graphics card- Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 vapor X
(or if thats unavailable then the flex edition is at par with the vapor X?
or can I buy the 7950 normal edition and overclock it to match with the vapor x and flex? and will this need a bigger power supply again?)

Basically I'm not buying extra cooler and fans cuz I'm going with a non OC rig... But if I do go with i7 3770+AsRock Z77 pro 3 and overclock the processor as well as the graphic card will I need extra cooling systems and a bigger power supply? And is all that worth it against simply upgrading to newer hardware when the time comes?
  • Plans to upgrade in the future:
With the Haswell coming I dont know how much I can. But may be I can upgrade the GPU after 2 years...
  • Places from where you will buy components along with your location:
Lamington road, mumbai. Or online if there's a steal deal.
  • Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components from the Erodov market? :
Yes.
  • Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD playback etc] :
Gaming and HD video editing as well as learning VFX softwares and trying my hands on animation.
  • Brand preferences:
NOne. Imma n00b.
  • Monitor resolution and size:
1080p
  • Will you be overclocking your setup?:
Should I really? I want to skip it and save $$$ by buying non 'k' processor and B75 mobo and just upgrade the whole everything when time comes. How much overall boost in actual performance does OC give anyway? And adding cost of OC compatible mobo and cooling systems and extra fans does it all afford better than simply upgrading in future? Major noob. *takes cover*
  • Which OS will you use?:
Windows (7 or 8?) I'd prefer 8 just cuz its new :p unless its a biggg disadvantage?
Would like to run hackintosh... if possible?

Thanks for reading. :)

You can go with these 2 choices:

Intel Config:
CPU- Intel Core i5 3570k -14,000

MB- Asrock Z77 Pro3 -7,500

AMD Config:
CPU- AMD FX 8350 -11,400

MB- Asus M5a97 R2.0 -6,100

Common Items:
Ram- Corsair Vengeance 4GBx2 1600 MHz -3,200

HDD- WD Black 1TB -5,500

Cabinet- Corsair Carbide 300R -4,300

PSU- Corsair GS600 -4,500

DVD-RW- Asus 24B3ST -1,000

GPU- Sapphire HD 7870 2GB Vapor-X -16,500

CPU Cooler - Corsair H60 -3,800,

Fans - CM 140mm 4 BLUE LED fans -2,200.

This is the best Config suited to you and HD7870 can be overclocked to reach HD7950. Please give me a LIKE if you really like this post mate.

Going for HD7950 is a waste and you can add a SSD in the future with the saved cash na.

Is F2a85 and A10 (amd 5800 or any APU) better option than AMD FX 8350 & Asus M5a97 R2.0 ?
My dealer told me , APU will crossfire with you graphic card .

Back