Need help with wireless connection for IPTV

jampack

Adept
Hello Guys
I got a connection for IPTV last month and got the modem changed from Type-1 to Type-2. Already had a Buffalo WHR-G-125 wireless router.

Now what I want to do is connect the BSNL type-2 modem wirelessly with Buffalo router. I used to connect the lan port of bsnl modem to buffalo router's wan port and it took care of the internet connection. I still want to mantain the same with new setup so that we an use internet simultaneously over Buffalo network.

Also can I connect IPTV to Buffalo's lan port and still be able to use it rather than connecting it to LAN port of Bsnl router?

I think all this might be confusing so I tried to create a diagram of setup I intend to use?

attachment.php

Regards

Attachments

• network.PNG
    network.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 180
I havent used the IPTV in India, but from what I have seen elsewhere, u need 802.11N wifi to be able to handle streaming video.

Else the setup should work fine, only need to see if your wifi router G125 can work as a access point as well as relay connections to the BSNL. If ont then neither wifi for net or iptv would work. Essentially, u need to see if you can config it as a repeater instead of a access point.

Well let me clarify a couple of things. First of all the Iptv box will be connected via LAN to Buffalo router. The thing requires atleast 6mbps connection (thts why my dsl speed has been upgraded to 6mbps link) and I think wireless-g can provide that.

Second I intend to use Buffalo as a router and not just as an access point. And I need to know whether it can function as router and wireless bridge for wan connection at same time whether via default or tomato fimrwire.

Also IPTV needs port mapping, thats why not sure if it can be connected over a wireless connection.

Bump.
Can this work atleast?
I want the WAN connection via wireless instead of modem connecting wan port of router via ethernet.

Attachments

• network.PNG
    network.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 102
Back