Need Help

sayeedzishan

Disciple
hi,

i need help regarding how to proceed the project,this is my first project, so require little bit of help.:(

it is a project for company warehouse,the software should manage all the warehouse activities such as how many products are being purchase by the company and how much is being sell,and stock reside in the warehouse.

how can i proceed. please help me regarding these.
thanks

You can make it in a layerwise fashion. A 3-layer architecture will be a kill. But a 2-layred one will be easy one to go with.
Like u can do the front end and logic part in VB or DELPHI and at the backend keep Oracle as the data base.

You have not given much information to us to help you out properly, but like bhaskarvyas001 suggested model your logic in VB and use oracle or some other DBMS as backend.

The real trick would not be designing the forms, but deciding upon the Tables for your database. First decide on the tables and their fields and then only go to programming. I would personally suggest using .NET for your programming. As for the back end, you can use anything.

thanks a bunch bhaskarvyas001 and hammerhead

yeah i was thinking of linking backed and fronted as u people said

and regarding table, it bit confusing me. can i have general description of warehouse. i mean about table and there fields.

Do you expect somebody else to give a description for your warehouse ?

The first thing you need to is to understand how the warehouse functions. Have a genreal business idea to see how its mantained. Based on that you can decide what tables/fields need to be created to support those operations

Correct, no one can tell you about the tables unless you give a highly detailed information about your project. I am afraid that you will have to think about it yourself. Clear your database concepts first and then approach your project.

If you have created all the tables in DBMS then you can start with .NET programming. First make on paper all the forms you want to create and their respective process flow. Then move on to implementation of those forms.

thankzz hammerhead

yeah rite cyrux i forgot to do that!!! thanks for Ur alert

and abt .net programing i don't know ny thing abt .net!!!

which .net i should use. Coz there are different version of .net

^Dude it seems to me that you are attempting a project way too ambitious as per your knowledge. I suggest you attempt small problems first like creating forms, hello world etc before approaching the project.

As for your question, .NET 2005 would be fine for the time being. If you use express edition (Free download from MS) then the only version available would be 2008 (which would be fine as well).

Back