PC Peripherals Need Highly dust resistant PC Case

adikumar2010

Disciple
I live in Delhi, where its ultra dusty. I am looking to upgrade case which will accumulate minimum dust. My current case needs cleaning every 2 months and I am tired of it.
My budget is Rs.10,000. I am only using air cooling for everything (no AIO & using CPU stock cooler). I only play apex legends once in a while where temps get 85C on both CPU & Mobo.

Currently using Ryzen 5 3600x, GTX 1660, 16GB DDR4 3600mhz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Motherboard, 1GB Nvme SSD, Antec HCG750 80 Plus Gold PSU.

Other then that, few requirements I have :
1. If it comes with prefitted case fans then its a bonus.
2. Cable management, so I can hide all cables nicely without bending them badly.
3. Don't care about looks, RGB, etc. Only want maximum protection from dust in the air.
4. I think if fan is on top of the case it will attract more dust (not sure about that). So front, side, rear fan might be better.

Case like this is what I want but it's impossible to find anything similar or same model :

Silverstone Mammoth MM01

Last edited:
Phanteks Metallic Gear Neo Air Mid Tower ATX Computer Case / Gaming Cabinet - Black | Support ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, E-ATX | Pre-Installed 2 x 1200 mm Fans in Front - MG-NE520A_BK01 https://amzn.eu/d/elSdoWw
Or

Limited-time deal: Corsair Tempered Glass, Alloy Steel 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case, Black (CC-9011200-WW) https://amzn.eu/d/6qP6Tmt
Or

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB Mid-Tower E-ATX Computer Case I Gaming Cabinet I PC Cabinet with USB Type C Port I Support E-ATX/ATX/M-ATX/ITX and 3X120mm ARGB Fans in Front -Black -G99.LAN2MRX.5N https://amzn.eu/d/glWn7AC

Phanteks Metallic Gear Neo Air Mid Tower ATX Computer Case / Gaming Cabinet - Black | Support ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, E-ATX | Pre-Installed 2 x 1200 mm Fans in Front - MG-NE520A_BK01 https://amzn.eu/d/elSdoWw
Or

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB Mid-Tower E-ATX Computer Case I Gaming Cabinet I PC Cabinet with USB Type C Port I Support E-ATX/ATX/M-ATX/ITX and 3X120mm ARGB Fans in Front -Black -G99.LAN2MRX.5N https://amzn.eu/d/glWn7AC
I dont think they have filters on front side?

What is your current case? Which fans are installed ? What is the fan curve like, and how is the PC used ?

With after market fan filters and some tinkering, any good quality case can be made roughly as dust proof as possible. And dust is a super powerful force of nature, many things claiming to be dust proof really aren't :)

What is your current case? Which fans are installed ? What is the fan curve like, and how is the PC used ?

With after market fan filters and some tinkering, any good quality case can be made roughly as dust proof as possible. And dust is a super powerful force of nature, many things claiming to be dust proof really aren't :)
I am using NZXT Guardian 921 which is from 2009. It has 2 CD rom bays, 2 floppy drive bays which sucks more air from outside as their is gap in them even after putting the Lid/cover (came with case) on it from outside. I use front, side as intake and rear as exhaust. But problem is case is old so its not perfect sealed now plus lot of unnecessary slots (CD Drive/Floppy) which only sucks air.
So I need few suggestions of few cases in my budget which have good dust resistant design without compromising a lot on air flow.

No matter which, if you currently clean in 2 months then you will clean in 3 months, so?

Only two solutions:

1. All water cooling with no fans inside case :D
  2. Car filter on the intake side like in the video in OP

I am using NZXT Guardian 921 which is from 2009. It has 2 CD rom bays, 2 floppy drive bays which sucks more air from outside as their is gap in them even after putting the Lid/cover (came with case) on it from outside. I use front, side as intake and rear as exhaust. But problem is case is old so its not perfect sealed now plus lot of unnecessary slots (CD Drive/Floppy) which only sucks air.
So I need few suggestions of few cases in my budget which have good dust resistant design without compromising a lot on air flow.
Ok, so are you using the fans that came with the case ?

1. Fans don't seem filtered. Use after market fan filters in them.
2. They don't seem PWM fans either. To reduce dust, you'll have to reduce fan speed to very low when the system is not under load. Fan curves on most motherboards allow for this, but the fans better be PWM fans. Any case will find it difficult to reduce dust off fans blow full speed all the time.
3. You are right about the lid on 5.25" bays - completely useless. Either replace the covers and see if a fan with filter can fit there. Or seal off the holes in case material with cello tape/packing tape.

Ok, so are you using the fans that came with the case ?

1. Fans don't seem filtered. Use after market fan filters in them.
2. They don't seem PWM fans either. To reduce dust, you'll have to reduce fan speed to very low when the system is not under load. Fan curves on most motherboards allow for this, but the fans better be PWM fans. Any case will find it difficult to reduce dust off fans blow full speed all the time.
3. You are right about the lid on 5.25" bays - completely useless. Either replace the covers and see if a fan with filter can fit there. Or seal off the holes in case material with cello tape/packing tape.
Will buy new case this is 13 years old anyways. Front panel USB/Audio jacks are all dead.

I am looking for new case which does not have un-necessary holes/cracks/openings for air to go in, other then at the fan mounting side. Also should have filters all 4 sides top,bottom,front,back.

Silverstone Mammoth MM01 was right for me but its 6 years old, so not available anywhere anymore.

Get the NZXT H510i: https://mdcomputers.in/nzxt-h510i-black-red-tempered-glass-ca-h510i-br.html

I'm using an NZXT H400, which is built on the same foundation as the H510i, and it gathers very minimal dust. Have 2x intake and 2x exhaust, which also helps in balancing out the airflow, since negative airflow (more exhaust than intake) leads to more dust. NZXT cabinets also come with plenty of dust filters to keep the insides clean, and they are super easy to wash. Generally, I deep clean every 6 months.

@adikumar2010 kindly share what you go with.
I am on same boat like you, my cabinet is placed just 6 to 8 inches away from large window.. (can't shift place)
I will finalize in 1 week max. I wish I could find Silverstone Mammoth MM01 but its not available anymore.
I am doing research trying to find best case with heavy protection againts dust but at the same time not compromising on temperature.
Get the NZXT H510i: https://mdcomputers.in/nzxt-h510i-black-red-tempered-glass-ca-h510i-br.html

I'm using an NZXT H400, which is built on the same foundation as the H510i, and it gathers very minimal dust. Have 2x intake and 2x exhaust, which also helps in balancing out the airflow, since negative airflow (more exhaust than intake) leads to more dust. NZXT cabinets also come with plenty of dust filters to keep the insides clean, and they are super easy to wash. Generally, I deep clean every 6 months.
Does it come with front filters like what we get with AC ?

Last edited:
It might be unconventional and a little bit DIY, but you can do the following -
  • Buy a case where entire front panel can be removed (io ports are on the upper side).
  • Remove any obstruction from the front side.
  • Buy aftermarket HEPA filters and commission a carpenter to build a front panel with HEPA filter mount and intake fan mounts for largest case fan you can find.
  • Install the custom wooden panel to the case and cover any other holes in case and set other fans to exhaust.
  • You can paint/varnish the wooden panel to make it more durable.
If you do try this, let us know. :)

Any of these two can take care of that-

Fourdot Computer Case cabinet cooling PWM Fan 120mm 5 Inch 12CM 3000RPM 120X25mm https://amzn.eu/d/eFqlHIl

Fourdot® 120mm 5Inch Axial Cabinet PWM Cooling Fan Model FDPWM 12038 with 4Pin Motherboard Connector 12V DC https://amzn.eu/d/6wiCnKH

Running them at 50-60% won't be too noisy and enough air inside to not suffocate the components.

Antec and Phantek's silent case can be a decent shout.
Definitely looking towards what you end up doing!

With HEPA filter, we would need a much more powerful fan that the typical 0.1 A 12V fans that most people use for computers if we want any significant airflow.
Yeah, thats an issue. But fans with higher static pressure will cause noise as well. OP will have to choose between noise and dust prevention.

No. Sadly, the H510 does not have front filters. However, you can expect the dust settlement to be very minimal, since the front is fully closed off and the intakes are on the sides and bottom. Even then, temps are pretty great, considering the cabinet promotes silence over performance.

Alternatively, you can also look at the H5 Elite: https://mdcomputers.in/nzxt-h5-elite-white-cc-h51ew-01.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

A full glass build, meaning extreme noise reduction, while not sacrificing on thermals too much. The front is fully closed off and intakes are on the sides having modular mesh lining (which the H510i does not have). It also has an angled fan inside specifically for the GPU, so you will get slightly better GPU temps than CPU. Additional mesh filters are provided for the top and bottom.

I will finalize in 1 week max. I wish I could find Silverstone Mammoth MM01 but its not available anymore.
I am doing research trying to find best case with heavy protection againts dust but at the same time not compromising on temperature.

I have this
Comes with filters on top and front, good sir chilling with 7 fans

My issue is it's kept like 6 to 8 inches from window hence dust issues.

Take a look.

I have this
Comes with filters on top and front, good sir chilling with 7 fans

My issue is it's kept like 6 to 8 inches from window hence dust issues.

Take a look.
Your case comes with removable filters on all sides? top, front, bottom

Back