Need info - Trip to Himachal(Kullu/Manali)

Blugene

Adept
Hope everyone here is having a rocking time :hap2: with the summer season just beginning..with IPL and vacations for many...:clap: ..

btw, last few months hv been quite hectic for me...so thinking of visiting a cool place in the summers...what better place than to have a trip to Himachal/J&K.

if any of you fellas had a chance to visit the lovely places in HC like kullu/manali or Leh(j&K), i'd appreciate if you could share your experiences like staying(hotels), local sightseeing etc..any info on budgets(cost etc.) would be a plus....

Besides, if one has only travel portals to choose from and select some package tours for HC/J&K which portal would fit the bill? btw, all the portals offer similar facilities...the point is how trustworthy these portals are w.r.t the quality of hotels, food, amenities, vehicles,drivers etc for sightseeing. If you have had any prior experience with such portals, pl provide some inputs.

I think the trip should cost you 8-10.. you could take a bus from delhi.. which takes about 8-9 hours.. I had a friend who went on such a package and he was telling me it was totaly worth the experience

my 2 paisa ... dont go for portal packages .. do your research , find out what you like and dont like and see the hotels what you prefer and then take the trip...half the fun in tripping is the planning :D

^^ +1

chart out your own path and itinerary

Once you grow older and have to travel with kids & other encumberances, you can always opt for these packaged tours (rather will have to)

For now, unless you are an extremely risk averse person who wants to do everything planned to a 'T', you are better off doing the planning and arrangements by yourself....

BTW If you are travelling with your wife/GF and if it is possible for you to arrange for one, The best way to cover Himachal BTW is in a self driven car...since you are in mumbai, you can always rent out a self driven car in Delhi if your budget permits that...

And If you are travelling in alarge group of friends, you are better off renting out a Sumo/Qualis from Delhi

Himachal is an excellent destination to go for.

this season you may have to encounter extreme rush though.

you can visit Nivalink Consultancy Services - Event Manager - Travel Planner - Weekend Getaways to access the hotel charges, around the places.

I would advise you to stay away from portals because there is no established customer care service.

Instead get the prices from above website and then ask your local travel agent to arrange the booking that way it will be safe and secure. (this is my first hand experience)

Last diwali we had been to Manali. We stayed at Manali Resorts an excellent place but its pricier. (may be closed now a days due to renovation and expansion work).

Back