Need Laptop 40-50k

_Atif_

Disciple
Hi guys,

I need advice on buying a laptop for around 40-50k.

I need the laptop for almost everthing like office applications , progamming applications, gaming , movies ,internet , etc.

What I am looking for is as follows

1) 1 GB graphics memory

2) HD video playback

3) atleast 2 GB ram , I would prefer 3-4GB

4)Good warranty support all over India

Budget : 40-50k

Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15R New Laptop (T540506IN8)

Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

Get this Dell inspironR 15 for 36.9k.

i3 330M, 4GB RAM, 320Gb HDD and HD5470 512MB.

No point in going for a 1GB HD5470 as there is hardly any difference btw 512MB and 1GB versions of the card.

As you have the budget go for 2/3 yrs Complete Cover.

I would suggest Sony Vaio's E16 model

core i3

HD5670

4gig ram

320gig HDD

15.6" FullHD LED display (truly stunning)

Full sized chiclet styled keyboard (lot better than competitions)

also not to forget the better support and reliaibility and sexyness that Sony laptops have.

this one costs 48k-49k.

desiibond said:
I would suggest Sony Vaio's E16 model

core i3

HD5670

4gig ram

320gig HDD

15.6" FullHD LED display (truly stunning)

Full sized chiclet styled keyboard (lot better than competitions)

also not to forget the better support and reliaibility and sexyness that Sony laptops have.

this one costs 48k-49k.

If he opts for a 3 yrs CC from Dell he need not worry about anything such as support etc.. Drop the laptop and get it replaced :lol:

BTW The B16 of the E-series has HD5650 and not the HD5670.

http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb16fg

Hi Guys ,

I want to raise a concern here , this model of sony Vaio ( VPCEB16FG ) has a very high native resolution ( 1980 x 1080 !! Full HD ) . So I don't think the graphics card in this model , HD5650 was made to handle gaming in this high resolution.

My Concern being, will the gaming experience be good if its played at a lower resolution than the native one ?

Also I keep reading/hearing that Sony Vaio's GPU and CPU both are underclocked with reference to the market norm. To what extent does this affect the performance ?

I also do have a budger around 60K and looking to buy a laptop which can play all current games atleast at medium settings.

DarkAngel said:
Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15R New Laptop (T540506IN8)

Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India
Get this Dell inspironR 15 for 36.9k.

i3 330M, 4GB RAM, 320Gb HDD and HD5470 512MB.
No point in going for a 1GB HD5470 as there is hardly any difference btw 512MB and 1GB versions of the card.
As you have the budget go for 2/3 yrs Complete Cover.

You sure there is no diff in the 512 mb and 1 gb. Then I would go for the model you mentioned.

_Atif_ said:
You sure there is no diff in the 512 mb and 1 gb. Then I would go for the model you mentioned.

It has a Memory Bus Width - 64 Bit. There will hardly be a ~2% difference between the two cards.

_Atif_ said:

Pretty sure about that and the best about the dell as Darkangel has mentioned is that you can take a complete cover(includes accidental damage) warranty and evn if u break ur lappie on ur own, they'll come home and replace it :)
(Yeah its an onsite warranty)

And I dunno abt the new range of viao's but the older ones usually gave problems so I wouldn't trust sony

3 days back I bought Acer 5740G -i5 model , and I got it for Rs.44,600/-

Config :
# 2.26-GHz Intel Core i5-430M CPU
# 15.6-inch (1366 x 768) display
# 4GB of RAM
# Windows 7 ($74.49) Home Premium (64-bit)
# ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 GPU (with 1GB of video memory)
# 500GB HDD
# 8X Super Drive
# Memory card reader
# 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
# Webcam
# Multi-gesture touchpad
# Four USB ports and HDMI
# 15.1 x 9.9 x 1.0-inch body

Its performing pretty good :clap: so you could give it a try too.

Couple of reviews
Code:
[url]http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/acer-aspire-5740g-6979.aspx[/url]
[url]http://www.newtechnology.co.in/acer-aspire-5740g-price/comment-page-1/[/url]

Best Regards!

I am trying to buy Dell inspironR 15 using dell's online site. I saw that I can pay using check or DD according to their site. The customer representative called me but he says i have to courier the DD to gurgaon. I dont like the idea of sending a DD without any receipt. I guess I will try local stores like croma.

Back