Need laptop ~40k budget !

Scorpy

Adept
Well my sister needs a new laptop and budget is ~40k ... it will be used for Microsoft Office and other normal apps ... nothing cpu intensive ... also it will be used for full on movie watching and music ... well thats about it ... should have great battery life ... and yes SHOULD LOOK GOOD ! ..

well warranty should also be good but thats an obvious requirement ... please suggest in dell range ? not a fan of HP ... dont even mention it :p

Also please suggest laptops with the new core i series processors .. not old old core 2 duo ones :p

Why 40k for such stuff ? A 20k netbook suffice your need.

I will suggest HP DM1Z but if you are so indifferent towards HP get anyother Fusion netbook.

Budget is that much man ... if anything is cheaper then of course ill go for that naa :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Please suggest any other company laptops other than hp ... like acer or something which is better in the price range than dell one ... ..

Right now my sister liked the Dell inspiron 15R core i3 one with 4gb ram for 37k

Dont go for other brands like acer/hp etc if you are buying it for your sis as dell has the best after sales service and onsite support as well.

Any place I should buy it from other than the site ? Like get it for a little lower price ? Or is the site the only way of getting a dell laptop ?

the dell site is a safe place to buy from and one of the cheapest i found.

i bought the high end inspiron 15R for my brother and awaiting its delivery next week.

i ordered it on 20 jan,got payment confirmed on 21 jan and delivery by next week.

im supposing 10 days delivery time.

Dell's service is great!

and if u buy from their website u will get it in 10-12 days!(my roomie got it in time)

but it would be better if u get it from a dealer because , if some issue crops up, you have someone to shout at! and they will get it sorted! and also u might miss out on some goodies given by the dealer!

I have an XPS 15 and can tell you its really good
Only browsing/word/programming 3-4hrs 6CELL
Gamin 1hr on 100%

Build is good
Feels light even though it looks bulky
Sound is just great...
I Say go for it... keep 50k now and live in Peace with DELL CC

Budget is strictly 40k ..and its for my sister not me :p .. so no gaming what so ever ... but she likes inspiron 15R with i3 500gb hdd and 4gb ram ... its for ~37.5k so shes going for that :D

^^MY friend has a 15R dude

Its good....

NP with it...

9 cell he gets 6hrs in all without gaming with 512MB HD545v

Dell battery back-up is phenomenal; used Latitude D630 and E630 (using for 2 months); extracted 3 hours, even after 2.5 years of use!

Dell A.S.S has fallen down a bit but still it will give you more peace of mind than say HP/Compaq or Lenovo, Acer (though Acer has given me nearly trouble free life for 2 years)

Wow, nobody talked about any other than Dell, such a true love for this brand :D
I was just hopping on to buy a Laptop for a woman and I was gonna post a thread under similar budget but found this one, I guess , I'll get the DELL simply.
Cause have similar requirements as the OP

Back